Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I am looking into purchasing a 2012 certified preowned Crosstour EX - L with nav. I have seen a few locally with 8-12k miles at around 28 k. What would you consider a good deal? I am hoping to have the bumper to bumper warranty extended and a remote car starter added at this price as my negotiating point. I am in Pa if that matters. Do I have more room for negotiation or am I over reaching a bit. KBB and TMV ranges from 26k to 31k, so it isn't much help. I appreciate any advice or experience you can offer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You could get a brand new one for that.I just bought mine from a Honda dealer in Raleigh and got $7000 off sticker.They had some EX-L Navi's there as of last week.Sticker $34k minus $7000 is $27k for a brand new one.Just a thought.:)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You could get a brand new one for that.I just bought mine from a Honda dealer in Raleigh and got $7000 off sticker.They had some EX-L Navi's there as of last week.Sticker $34k minus $7000 is $27k for a brand new one.Just a thought.:)
Really? Do you know what kinds of incentives there are other than 0.9 financing. The dealerships are obviously tight lipped about it, and I haven't seen or heard of deals that good. There are no discussions about pricing on this car on edmonds.com.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
I did not buy, I leased. I contacted 27 dealers in a three state region over the Internet and got 18 proposals inside of 3 days. I negotiated with the best three proposals and got the deal done with 0 down, 0 first month, 0 security and 36 months at $275/month. I'm retired. So, the 12,000 mile yearly limit was okay with me. All I paid at closing was sales tax. The deal was closed with a dealer 18 miles away.

That Internet broadcast method may also work for you if you have the time. It only took me 6 days to sort it out and negotiate.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I work at a Honda dealer(as a technician),they never tell you what their little secret book says about the incentives from the factory.I am more than certain you can get lots of money off sticker.I would shoot for a new one if your looking to spend that amount of money.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Brett. I purchased a new 2012 EX-L V6 4WD with nav 28212. In massachusettes bernadi Honda.com don't pay attention to there sticker prices they mean nothing ask for a quote and they will email it to you. Or you can buy my old one from them EX-L V6 4WD 35k for miles no nav 25 k you can probably get it for 23 and its certified so warranty to 100k car is cherry you can see that online too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info! I have a few Internet inquiries out and we will see what I get back. I will also be contacting some of these out of state dealers.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good luck.

Let's us know how it worked out.
I will! I have some promising leads and dealerships looking into local inventory that tell me these numbers are not out of reach if I am patient. It is nice to know that some dealers that don't even have one in stock are willing to spend the time on the phone with you after closing time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Woo Hoo! I did it. I don't have all the details on the price break down, but here is what it turned out to be...
My trade in...2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i limited with 57k. KBB trade in at fair cond was around 16500. I owed 9200. So about 7300 in equity.

We picked up a new 2012 CT EX -L v6 AWD, no nav with the 8 yr bumper to bumper Honda extended warranty for 22,215 OTD with my trade equity. So, the math s a little fuzzy with my trade because their first trade in offer was 16000. I am very happy. I will post up full credit to the dealership once I drive it off the lot.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Congrats, like I stated in the other forum the CT really is a great car. I really like the comfortable interior. You will be please with the CT in the snow too and the power is adequate just not like a big old push rod V8

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, the new car is home and we love it. My wife is a little mad because she was running in to a rough section of town and the parking is horrible. I had her take the Ridgeline so I could tinker with a few things. She has a lot of travel planned so I won't get to spend much time with it for a few days.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Congrats Brett!

So did you end up getting the deal that you were initially quoted or did they nickel and dime you?

Color?

Hope you enjoy the CT as much as I have so far.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Congrats Brett!

So did you end up getting the deal that you were initially quoted or did they nickel and dime you?

Color?

Hope you enjoy the CT as much as I have so far.
We got the white with black leather! Bobby Rahal Honda was great. No hassles...No games!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Negotiate.

Brett, I bought mine with 6k miles on it--demo model--but I had cash and a 2008 eclipse gt that had no miles.The sticker was 29k,but here is my tactic, and I am smarter then the average cookie.When my salesman left me in the room to negotiate-- I looked up the inventory on the computer and mine was a fleet vehicle--so they had no skin in the game-- I got the car for 24k (total) after I got the trade in for my car.18k for the eclipse,and gave them a check for 6k and told them to take it.They did.The car market now is very up and down and you can probably give them about 25k-26k and they should take it,but if you have cash you can pretty much pay trade in value, which is what I was able to get.I paid 24k for my car and when I went online--which I already had--the car was worth 23.8k to 25k on trade in.i basically lost no money technically.Also--use this tactic--call a friend up and have them act like they work at a car dealership and have them tell the sales manager that they are willing to let a similar crosstour go for 25k, then just get up and start to walk out, trust me if they think they will profit even one penny--you will get your car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow wow wow.. Some great deals indeed.
I'm in the market and will have to look for a good deal in the Knoxville, TN area. Hopefully, I can score a similar deal.

Does a 2012 EX-L V6 have bluetooth streaming audio? I need that.. i hate having to re-plug in my iphone every time I get into the car.

Has anyone got a crazy deal on a 2013? Or are the really crazy deals limited to the 2012's?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Wow wow wow.. Some great deals indeed.
I'm in the market and will have to look for a good deal in the Knoxville, TN area. Hopefully, I can score a similar deal.

Does a 2012 EX-L V6 have bluetooth streaming audio? I need that.. i hate having to re-plug in my iphone every time I get into the car.

Has anyone got a crazy deal on a 2013? Or are the really crazy deals limited to the 2012's?
The '12s do NOT stream bluetooth. :rolleyes:
One bad thing about the 12's indeed.

The '13's DO. The new technology in the '13 accord is now in the CT, and it is some of the best in the biz!

The crazy deals will be limited to '12's --as dealerships need to get rid of those before they can earn allocation for the '13's.
At one point, Honda was offering $5k dealer cash on the '12s in my neck of the woods.
Play your cards right, you can steal a 12 right now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts