Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok ever since I got my Crosstour Ive been obsessed with cleaning it. My next little gift I want to to treat my self was this power washer:

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=202499260

Now I was wondering, the power washer wont chip the paint over time right? I mean its only 1800 PSI...that wont damage paint correct? (Color: Black)

Also, list the name and rating of your power washer if you use one to clean your car.

(Gas Too Much Of Hassle every week so I want to go electric)

Your Thoughts?

THANKS,
Steve

·
Super Moderator
805 Posts
People have been using power washers (do-it-yourself) car washes without any harmful results. I take my car there in the winter to clean it occasionall. I also have a cheaper 1200 psi electric unit. It does an OK job. My CT is also black. Just remember to make sure you purge the water out of it in the winter. Water can freeze in the pump and ruin the unit. I go along with Xaque above about not power washing the engine. Actually I'm sort of a believer of no chemical or liquid cleaners in the engine compartment. Too much of a chance to mess something up.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I've never seen a car cleaner from pressure washing than hand washing. Usually pressure washing involves more work, since you still need to touch the car with something after spraying it down. I prefer to avoid pressure on the paint, just in case. We don't even go to touchless car washes.

Buy the pressure washer to clean up around the house and leave it at that.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I think power washing your car once or twice a year is ok and on a low setting. I do it usally after the winter months to get all the salt and crap from under the car and in the wheel wells.

I believe a car is like a women if you want her to treat you right then you got rub her all over with your hands. In another words show her some love and you will get a great ride for a long time. :D

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my cars are like my girls temporary, similar to my lease I get a new one every 2-3 years. My next project is the Porsche Cayenne or 4 door coupe for Mercedes. :D

·
Registered
622 Posts
Agree, keep Tim 'The Tool' man and the 'more power' away from the car. I use a 2600 psi on the wheel wells once in a while. That Georgia clay is impossible to get off otherwise.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
pressure washers are ok as long as you keep your distance dont put it close to chips in the paint and keep a good distance its great for rinsing the wheel weels out.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My new way to wash my Crosstour check it out......

Soap: http://www.3dproducts.com/Pink-Car-Soap.html

(4-6) Fluid ounces does 2-3 cars.

I will be posting pictures of my the car before/during/after the car wash so you guys can see. I just ordered the soap so, soon as I get it in, and its clear 1-2 days I will post my pictures. :D

let me know what you think

1 - 9 of 9 Posts