Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're shopping for a new (to us) AWD vehicle, and a local dealer has a 2010 Crosstour EX-L for $19K. It's absolutely mint inside & out, but it has 71K miles on it. I'm a big Honda fan (love our '05 CR-V SE), and have always thought the CT would be an ideal vehicle, but I've never seen one in my price range.

We want something that will be trouble-free for @ least 5 years, and still be worth something (we drive about 10K mi/year). I know a Honda drivetrain will have no problem with 250k miles; it's all the other wear parts I'm concerned about.

For around the same price, we could get a Forester or Outback with under 30K miles (or go with something smaller like the Rogue or Impreza).

Any advice? Should I pull the trigger on the CT before it's gone, or would I be better off in the long term with something else with lower miles?

TIA,

Anthony

·
Registered
237 Posts
That's alot of miles on a '10. If they throw in the extended 6yr/120k mile warranty, then yes, its worth it. Although the "worth" of something is always subjective.. primarily to your personal opinion. None the less, I'd want to see all the maintence logs, oil changes, tire rotations, etc. etc., as well as knowing how is the tread on the tires and what upcoming "recommended" services are due and how much they will set you back in the next year or two... transmission, differential... alignments.. etc.. etc..

·
Registered
92 Posts
We're shopping for a new (to us) AWD vehicle, and a local dealer has a 2010 Crosstour EX-L for $19K. It's absolutely mint inside & out, but it has 71K miles on it. I'm a big Honda fan (love our '05 CR-V SE), and have always thought the CT would be an ideal vehicle, but I've never seen one in my price range.

We want something that will be trouble-free for @ least 5 years, and still be worth something (we drive about 10K mi/year). I know a Honda drivetrain will have no problem with 250k miles; it's all the other wear parts I'm concerned about.

For around the same price, we could get a Forester or Outback with under 30K miles (or go with something smaller like the Rogue or Impreza).

Any advice? Should I pull the trigger on the CT before it's gone, or would I be better off in the long term with something else with lower miles?

TIA,

Anthony
Yeap, demand to see maintenance records. The drivetrain won 't be an issue but the engine mounts may as they are quite advanced and due to the 2 or 3-cyl deactivation, they work lots. I had 4 subarus (2006 and 2005 Impreza, 2008 Legacy, and a 2010 forester), do yourself a favour and stay away from that brand if you want something trouble-free for 5 yrs. Too bad you are in the USA as I would sell you my 2010 EX-L AWD with 41,500 kms, pampered, synthetic oil, etc as I want a Ridgeline Touring.

·
Super Moderator
796 Posts
I would suggest you price the car through Kelley Blue Book and NADA.com, both of which are very reputable price guides. The price actually sounds very good. I always prefer a vehicle have highway miles as it gives you better negotiating power and there is less wear on the vehicle then constant short trips. Just don’t forget the two rules for buying a used car: 1) Run a Carfax and 2) Have a mechanic inspect it.

·
Registered
422 Posts
holy, that does seem like alot of miles. i live in canada and i thought i drove alot when i had 56k on it = ~36000 Miles

Just as long as they have all the paper work for the maintience for the last 2 years

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for all of the good advice.

@K3RMiTdot - this one is actually also white diamond pearl & black leather! KBB has it at $24,773 ($25,173 for certified). Carfax is clean, one owner, no accidents. Tires are new.

Dealer says they'll get it Honda Certified, but I couldn't get them to throw in a new timing belt or HondaCare. They'll sell me 8yr/120K HondaCare for $1400.

They don't have the service records, but I'm hoping I can get them from the original dealership (also local).

Even though it's mostly highway miles, I'm sure there's plenty of city miles in there too. And I know I'll need a new timing belt within 3 years, so I might as well add $1000 to the price. I can handle changing the fluids.

@JubileeJack - I'm surprised to hear that about the Subarus, Consumer Reports seems to love them (except the 05-06 turbos).

I do really like the CT best out of all the xovers I've seen (tho wife says too many buttons) and I'd prefer to stick with Honda.

Decisions, decisions. We have time on our side as far as buying, but I doubt I'll see another CT for that price any time soon.

Thanks again!

- Anthony

·
Premium Member
110 Posts

TIA,

Anthony
Canadian or U.S. Dollars? If U.S., you can find later years with fewer miles for less than that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts