Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I leased a CT 15 months ago and I am very unhappy with the mileage I am getting
I am averaging 12 MPG in local driving. The CT has 12k miles and the dealer tells me that's normal. Are people experiencing the same? The CT runs well and accelerates well.
Alan

·
Registered
172 Posts
I've only filled the tank once so I can't say yet what I'm going to get. The computer is telling me about 20mpg but that includes about 70 miles on the freeway. When I'm driving around town it looks like it's getting 10 mpg. :(

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
i get around 19mpg and have a heavy foot

·
Registered
172 Posts
I've found that if you live in a place where you spend more time sitting at red lights than actually moving, your mileage will really suffer. I have an '05 Honda S2000 that is now getting 17 mpg, when I used to average 26 mpg. My driving now is red light to red light whereas it used to be all highway driving.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
I've found that if you live in a place where you spend more time sitting at red lights than actually moving, your mileage will really suffer. I have an '05 Honda S2000 that is now getting 17 mpg, when I used to average 26 mpg. My driving now is red light to red light whereas it used to be all highway driving.
i would agree with that too

·
Registered
622 Posts
I would agree with Kyrus also.

My Rifgeline does about 5-6 mpg better with the open roads of Georgia over the redlight to redlight traffic of South Florida.

I can't really imagine the CT going under 15-16 in the city. Where do you live?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'd agree too, however I think there seems to be some issues with milage in some CT's. I think the best thing to do is take a road trip and find out what you are getting on the highway. Set the cruise and go. This way you'll eliminate the driver input issues.

·
Registered
237 Posts
My daily commute is only 6 miles... low speeds.. 30 mph.. or less at times.. and thus I get 18mpg city... on the Interstate.. traveling at 75+ mph... I get 23 mpg. now.. if only doing about 60 mph on the ol highway... i get about 26-27 mpg. So... in the city - short distances.. stop & go traffic really hurt mpg, & of course... out on the freeway's the faster you go above 60 will decrease your mpg. Always a trade off.

I wish we could determine the modes for our vehicle.. i'd love to be able to tell it.. eco mode -3 cyl. , norm mode - 4 cyl., sport mode - 6 cyl... or Auto - self determine...

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'll try to offer some detailed insight on my behalf. Your mileage is shockingly low, and it sounds like you may just need the firmware update to get your trip computer calculating correctly.

2010 CT EX-L w/ Navi & 4WD - 26,500 miles
-I bought this vehicle with 17,500 miles on it. At this time, I had Trip A & Trip B reset. I reset Trip A every time I fill up. Trip B gets reset every oil change.
-Just had the oil changed today, Trip B reported 25.4MPG.
-Filled up before driving 200 miles home yesterday, Trip A reported 30.8MPG. (Note, Western PA to Eastern PA is slightly downhill most of the way.
-I drive 22 miles each way to work, 21 of this is 65MPH/55MPH 4-Lane Interstate.

Based on simple hand calcs to check the trip computer, the mileage the CT is reporting appears to be a little generous in my case. When my Trip A reports, say, 26MPG, my calculations usually come to about 24.5MPG. Etc. Etc.

I rarely do more "around town" driving than "highway" driving, but the few times I did, my mileage reported closer to 21-22MPG.

I was only getting 28-30MPG in my Civic Si, so I'm happy with the mileage I'm seeing out of the CT.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I wish we could determine the modes for our vehicle.. i'd love to be able to tell it.. eco mode -3 cyl. , norm mode - 4 cyl., sport mode - 6 cyl... or Auto - self determine...
What?! There's a normal mode AND sport mode? I thought it was Eco (3 cyl.) or Nomal (6 cyl.) mode only...

·
Registered
622 Posts
What?! There's a normal mode AND sport mode? I thought it was Eco (3 cyl.) or Nomal (6 cyl.) mode only...

I believe the ECO mode uses 4 cylinders when cruising at highway speed, can't remember if it is over 60 or 70 mph.

·
Registered
237 Posts
whytyger -

I was speaking hypothetically.... wishing the ct's had those modes that we could manually overide or control ourselves! LOL

·
Registered
6 Posts
I believe the ECO mode uses 4 cylinders when cruising at highway speed, can't remember if it is over 60 or 70 mph.
Just bought one so it's fresh in my head;

6 cylinders when you are on it,

4 cylinders as a transition

3 cylinders once you are up to speed

Just wanted to chime in now, I'll have no idea next month :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have 8600 miles on mine. the last 2000 miles I left Trip B unchanged and changed the trip A at every fill-up. I drive average speed inside the city and average 75 to 80 mph on the freeway. in These last 2000 mls. I drove to San Francisco once which is about 950 mls including driving in SF City. and a few 200 mile trips.
I get about 22 mpg on a normal day and if I go Freeway only I get about 28 mpg (Average speed 75-80 with AC on!). If I really push it it goes down by 2-3 mpg.
Long story short:
- Trip A shows 19 - 24 mpg
-Trip B shows 25.3 mpg. after 2156 miles (Just went to look at it!)
Don't know if this helps anyone though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm confused... Is there a 'mode' setting that can be changed?

BTW I get about 22 all the time..

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
no you cant change it

·
Registered
237 Posts
whytyger -

i was speaking hypothetically.... Wishing the ct's had those modes that we could manually overide or control ourselves! Lol

see above!

·
Registered
32 Posts
My wife's crosstour gets about 21 mpg combined...ya'll want to know bad fuel milage, you should have driven my old truck, in town was between 10-12mpg and it struggled to get 15 on the freeway (that was with premium, regular was worse).

·
Registered
2 Posts
According to the trip computer, our 2010 CT got 30 mpg on a 325 mile trip from the Twin Cities to Milwaukee a month ago. I kept looking for a Perkins flag to see if I had a tail wind, but that wasn't the case. On the return trip the computer registered 28.5 mpg, but it was raining. I think the secret here was that traffic was light, I kept it at or under 65 mph and used the cruise control (I know... not a good idea on wet roads) and was able to keep a sustained speed. Around town though we seem to be getting 16 - 18 mpg. Still far better than my Acura MDX which struggled to get 26 mpg on the highway.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts