Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I know there's not much flat real estate on the dash between the steering wheel and the door, but has anyone installed a phone mount on that area and which one did you use? Thanks!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have mine in the center console left went, yet I'm right handed so even if I did need to touch my phone while driving I wouldn't want to reach across myself to touch the phone. That would be my only concern with putting a phone mount over there

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Being right handed, I chose to mount my iPhone holder/charger to the right of the steering wheel onto the piece of dash trim near the ignition lock. I bought a spare piece of trim, drilled it and mounted a motorcycle handlebar GPS post to it. Power comes from a dual USB plug inserted into the power outlet in the console just below the phone.

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
I just realized that my radar detector mount also works as a left-side phone mount. Here's how I made it.

I bought a defroster dash trim piece off of eBay. You can get it for less than $15. The part number is 77470-TA0-A01ZA. Do not try to buy one from the dealer. They want more than $160 for it even online.

By purchasing a motorcycle handlebar GPS post and drilling a mounting hole into the top of the defroster trim you can then mount an Arcon phone mount. I routed the cable for the radar detector through the defroster vent. You could also do this with a C-USB if you wanted a wireless charger instead of the Arcon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts