Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and found one post suggesting that the PCV valve be replaced at (every?) 50k miles, but not much else regarding maintenance of this part.

Should the PCV valve be replaced on a regular interval? If so, how often?

Thx

·
Registered
62 Posts
I searched and found one post suggesting that the PCV valve be replaced at (every?) 50k miles, but not much else regarding maintenance of this part.

Should the PCV valve be replaced on a regular interval? If so, how often?

Thx
These can stop functioning properly if there is excessive oil blow by. 50k is a good interval. Cheap maintenance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Due to excessive oil consumption, I've changed mine after a suggestion- but it hasn't been 50k miles since yet. It didn't make much difference but it is a simple task. - just be careful prying the old one out. Btw my old one didn't appear to need changing.

·
Registered
62 Posts
- just be careful prying the old one out. Btw my old one didn't appear to need changing.
Good point. Someone over on the Honda Pilot forum claimed that one broke leaving some of it inside. Likely never had been replaced. Age and milage old. This is one of those parts that plays an important role in keeping the pressure inside the engine at a normal level. Bad stuff happens when it doesn't work properly. 50k miles is likely to soon. Soon is better than to late.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It wouldn't hurt since it's such an easy & low cost job to do yourself. PCV - Positive Crankshaft Ventilation valve.
I changed mine at 130k, but it seemed to be just for practice.
Keep in mind -maintenance is always cheaper and better than an untimely repair.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Our 2010 CT has 147k miles and I don't believe the PVC valve has ever been changed. Do you recommend changing every 100k?
I would change it if it's never been done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts