Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I have a 2013 EX-L V6 4WD. I’ve had the car for a little over a year now and want to know exactly what the “S” is for on the shifter. I am a little confused as to whether you can drive in the S mode without the paddle shifters or if you need to be using the paddles when driving in S mode. Just looking for some insight into it. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
762 Posts
The 2012 EX-L V6 4WD did not have an "S". Instead it had a D3, which was there for towing a trailer, hilly terrain or to provide engine braking when going down a steep hill. D3 provides transmission shifting using only the first three gears. It was my understanding that the "S" replaced the D3? Your owners manual should explain.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That may be the case. I’ll look and see if I can find anything in there. Thanks!

·
Registered
74 Posts
The "S" stands for Sport. Shifts will be controlled by the paddle shifters. If you stop, the transmission will automatically go into 1st gear. Also, the ECO light will not come on as you will be locked into running on all 6 cylinders. Also, you will not get into 6th gear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts