Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011. Crosstour ex-l

had vvt solenoid leak, it ruined the alternator, changed vvt gasket oil leak stopped....then have p3497 code and engine vibrates. Changed oil pressure switch front, still code is there P3497. Still engine vibrating. Any suggestions what the problem would be?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Since a code was thrown, it's likely an oil passage is clogged. There are 2 gaskets, 1 has the filter screen that can be dirty (No sealant should be used when replacing gaskets only). Were both replaced?

If so, it may be neccessary to replace the solenoid assembly (3 bolts, assembly bolted to spool).

It's rare that the solenoid assembly with spool is necessary (lower 2 bolts, with dipstick tube and rocker arm assembly), but that's how Honda does it at the dealership.

It requires removing the intake manifold, valve cover, the rocker arm assembly must be lifted up with the spool to remove spool. The old Honda Bond sealant must be cleaned off and new applied between the spool and head. Not a hard DIY, But it's not exactly a cheap easy fix. I did both heads to reduce my chances of recurrence. I'll do anything to keep my vehicle out of the dealership. 😁

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.... will try replacing the assembly. Since the valve cover is going to be removed would you Recommend changing valve cover seals too?

after the vvt solenoid assembly do I need to take to dealer for any reprogramming since there is some software update that folks have mentioned with these codes.

also, I bought vcm muzzler, will install after this is taken care of.
Thanks again

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yes, I'd recommend replacing the valve cover gaskets, grommets, spark plug tube seals, an intake manifold gasket set and Honda Bond (I used Ultra Black Permatex).
No reprogramming needed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts