Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the grocery store (not driving my CT) the other night and while going up and down the parking lot looking for a parking place, I happened to see a Twilight Blue Metallic CT. It was parked pretty far back so I went ahead an parked next to it, just to admire it a bit. As I walked around it, the owner happened to come out of the store. I introduced myself and explained that I am a member of the Crosstour Owners Club on the Internet. He was not aware of this club and was anxious to join. He told me that he only had his CT for a few months and really loved it and had questions about maintenance and lighting changes.

I was thinking that when we happen across a fellow CT owner in a parking lot or such, it would be nice to leave our calling card. Many have not heard about the Crosstour Owners Club and most if not all would be eager to join. Therefore, I was hoping to find one of our members to assist in designing a CT welcome business card that can be downloaded from this board so that we can leave one on the windshield or use it as an introduction to new CT owners.

My computer talents do not involve business card design. I believe the card should have:
1) A color picture (red or blue) of a generic CT on it.
2) The CT website address www.crosstourownersclub.com
3) Fonts that are large enough and easy to read.
4) A very brief description of the club, such as: A place with forums, pictures, ads, yada, yada.

If you could design this so that we can run a sheet of business cards using Avery cards through the printer, even better.

Please go ahead and submit this right here on the forum. The other Moderator RyansQuick6 and I will judge these and there will be a (token) prize (off my desk) for the best card design. End date for submissions will be May 1, 2012. Good luck! :)

·
Registered
668 Posts
Actually not a bad idea, not hard to do in word either.
Since we only live a few miles from each other; have you noticed more CT on the road around OP?

·
Super Moderator
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually I have noticed a few more CT’s in our neighborhood, but then I’ll go days, or perhaps weeks without seeing even one. Just not that many of them out there!

Do you have any knowledge of any car clubs, perhaps Corvette, which will be doing any auto cross (parking lot timed racing) this summer? I would like to push my CT a bit on an auto cross course and see what she will do. I don’t think the HP to weight ratio of a CT will set any auto cross records, but it will still be fun.

As many times as I drive down our main connecting street toward your house, I don’t think I have ever seen your CT? Do you ever drive it? LOL Mine is the house with the horses in the front yard, but my CT is most always garaged when home, and we use the wife’s car on the weekends. (Must keep my CT pristine and scratch free for as long as possible!!)

·
Registered
621 Posts
I'm a member of a forum for motorcyclists that ride year-round. We made up little cards with the website on it that we would place on motorcycles we saw parked out in the winter.

Kind of a "hey, you're not alone... Here's where we all hang out: *URL*"

We got a few new people to the forum that way.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Actually I have noticed a few more CT’s in our neighborhood, but then I’ll go days, or perhaps weeks without seeing even one. Just not that many of them out there!

Do you have any knowledge of any car clubs, perhaps Corvette, which will be doing any auto cross (parking lot timed racing) this summer? I would like to push my CT a bit on an auto cross course and see what she will do. I don’t think the HP to weight ratio of a CT will set any auto cross records, but it will still be fun.

As many times as I drive down our main connecting street toward your house, I don’t think I have ever seen your CT? Do you ever drive it? LOL Mine is the house with the horses in the front yard, but my CT is most always garaged when home, and we use the wife’s car on the weekends. (Must keep my CT pristine and scratch free for as long as possible!!)

I know of a corvette auto cross coming up in June or you could try this place
http://www.scca.com/ & http://www.kcrscca.org/new/

My CT is a DD so I am pretty much out and about all the time.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I know of a corvette auto cross coming up in June or you could try this place
http://www.scca.com/ & http://www.kcrscca.org/new/

My CT is a DD so I am pretty much out and about all the time.
SCCA has been a great organization for me, and I barely have taken advantage of what all they offer. . .but they organize a lot of well staffed auto-x events around me every year.

They also, almost always, have loaner helmets - which would be the one required piece of safety equipment for a DD like our cars. If you already have a car racing helmet, or a motorcycle helmet, you can check on their website if it fulfills the current spec.

It's pretty heart pounding for taking place in a parking lot. . .I always make the mistake of going too agressive and then having to makeup for mistakes than going smooth, flat, and fast.

It would be interesting to try with and without the VSA on. . .and I think you'd probably want to put the trans into 2nd because you're not going to go faster than 2nd gear would allow. Jeez now I almost want to try bringing the CT out this year!

-ace

·
Super Moderator
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump..... Someone to design a business card???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts