Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 2012 CT for about a week now. One thing that is causing me an issue is opening the rear hatch. Often i will press the button and lift. The lock will release but lifting on the hatch it won't open. It seems caught on the lock still. Pressing the unlock button or closing the tailgate fully and opening again will get me going. This will happen about 50% of the time.

Am I doing something wrong, or do I need to take it into the dealer for a look?

·
Registered
622 Posts
If I remember correctly, all doors need to be unlocked for the hatch to lift. You are probably getting out of the car with the front doors unlocked.

I'm sure it is in the manual, our CT is at the airport right now so I can't look it up.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Also, make sure that you are lifting up on the hatch when pushing that button. If you just push the button the hatch will only release halfway.

When the button is pushed it only releases the latch for a second or two... not for the duration of the button push.

If you aren't fast on raising the hatch it will get "caught" on the latch.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I remember correctly, all doors need to be unlocked for the hatch to lift. You are probably getting out of the car with the front doors unlocked.

I'm sure it is in the manual, our CT is at the airport right now so I can't look it up.
I don't think thats it, the latch clicks, if the door is locked, the button on the hatch does nothing.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Xaque has got it.

Hold the latch button while you are lifting, otherwise it will unlock, then lock again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
remote hatch

Is there a remote hatch release inside the car?

I have had my 2012 CT for about a week now. One thing that is causing me an issue is opening the rear hatch. Often i will press the button and lift. The lock will release but lifting on the hatch it won't open. It seems caught on the lock still. Pressing the unlock button or closing the tailgate fully and opening again will get me going. This will happen about 50% of the time.

·
Registered
236 Posts

What I've found is you must: Double click your unlock button on the key. (That will unlock all doors) wait a second, push the release button on the hatch door, you will hear a click and lift up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Trunk Malfunction.

Im having the same problem with my trunk. I tried every variety of unlock buttons etc.... I opened up the panel and it is def an electrical issue because I am able to open it manually with a screw driver from the inside. I'm going to replace the fuse once I can figure out which one it is. I'll let you know how it goes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts