Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've had our new 2011 EXL-Nav for about 2 weeks now and have been on several trips of 300 plus highway miles. I love the car and the ride is excellent but I do have an issue/question. We are used to very tight on-center steering and I find the car somewhat loose and needing more correction than I'm used to. I'm not talking about anything excessive but it does not feel as straight-line solid as our other cars including our Ridgeline. Anybody else have a perspective?

Thanks!

·
Registered
234 Posts
why not take the car to the dealer have them check to correct it or if needed.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have over 15k miles on my CT and have not experienced this, maybe I'm just used to a little play or I'm just not noticing it. I'll try to remember to look for this on a road trip I've got coming up.

·
Registered
51 Posts
First place I am NOT complaining! Might be (as Skitour said) that I just have to get used to it. But…..
I have the same issue with mine I have had the CT for 3 weeks now (1900 Mls) brought it in last week at 1600 Mls. They told me that all was within spec tolerances. They aligned it anyway and told me the steering wheel was straight again. I will have to go back! NOT GOOD!!!! Still a wonderful car BTW.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Some of the cars need a alignment right from the factory, we catch some on the P.D.I but some need it after a few miles,check the tire pressure first and if they are all good take it to the dealer they can do a alignment under warranty but in canada you can only do it if it has less than 6,000km i don't know what the distance limit is in the U.S

·
Super Moderator
345 Posts
+1 for no probs... I find the steering is amazingly tight and responsive. You should definitely get it checked out.

·
Registered
236 Posts
No problem here as well. Only thing was I had to get use to Front wheel drive. I am use to rear wheel drive, which to me feels nice. I find that I can feel more movement due to it being front wheel. But I do not have any pulling to the left or right? Nice steering overall.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As I mentioned in a seperate thread about taking the CT in for it's 1000 mile check up, the dealer did do a complete 4 wheel alignment check and everything came up well within the specs. That said, the specs are very "straight" meaning very little toe or camber. This insures good gas milage and long tire life but trades away tight handling/staright line center feel.
I just did the 1100 mile trip out to Ohio and back again. I set the tire pressure at the 33 spec and it did help with the on-center feel. Milage was 29 MPG again. round trip.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I own a CT and a Ridgeline. They both drive very similarly, which is to say just fine, no problems, but I have had plenty of other problems with MY CT, so you should get it checked out. Good luck. Make sure your hatch is not crooked, and the gaps between it and the body on each side are even.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I went back to the dealer at 2400 mls (Now 4200) they did a 2nd allignment and set the steeringwheel straight. all is 100% now. me happy!!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I went back to the dealer at 2400 mls (Now 4200) they did a 2nd allignment and set the steeringwheel straight. all is 100% now. me happy!!!!
Great that they got it corrected. I find my CT has light steering. Lots of corrections especially at speeds of 70+. I think I will bring it in to the dealership and get it checked. Lots of good info on this forum.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts