Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Folks ,
Any advice on how often do I have to change the automatic transmission oil on my CT ?

The dealer here in my Country (Costa Rica) states it should be every 20.000 kilometers.

Is that right or it's just to make me spend money?

·
Super Moderator
789 Posts
We don’t use the term ‘gear box’ here much, but I’m guessing you are speaking about the automatic transmission? If so, your owner’s manual is the best guide to use, even better than what some service advisor says. If my service advisor ever suggested something other than what was in the owner’s manual I would call him on it and ask for him to show me where Honda has superseded what is in my owner’s manual. Anyway, back to your question:

My owner’s manual (2012 CT) says to always use Honda ATF DW-1 automatic transmission fluid. As for fluid change interval: “The transmission should be drained and refilled with new fluid according to the Maintenance Minder on page 331.

When you go to page 331, it shows that when you get a maintenance sub item #3 then it is time to replace your transmission and transfer fluid (4WD only).

Again, use your specific owner's manual and not what some service adviser (who works on commission) says to do!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We don’t use the term ‘gear box’ here much, but I’m guessing you are speaking about the automatic transmission? If so, your owner’s manual is the best guide to use, even better than what some service advisor says. If my service advisor ever suggested something other than what was in the owner’s manual I would call him on it and ask for him to show me where Honda has superseded what is in my owner’s manual. Anyway, back to your question:

My owner’s manual (2012 CT) says to always use Honda ATF DW-1 automatic transmission fluid. As for fluid change interval: “The transmission should be drained and refilled with new fluid according to the Maintenance Minder on page 331.

When you go to page 331, it shows that when you get a maintenance sub item #3 then it is time to replace your transmission and transfer fluid (4WD only).

Again, use your specific owner's manual and not what some service adviser (who works on commission) says to do!!!
Thanks a lot for your reply ....
I just corrected the wording to "Automatic transmission"
I'll check the user manual and figure it out on when do I have to change it.

Thanks lot for your help .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts