Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I just purchased a 2012 awd CT and couldn't be happier. I spent months looking for the right SUV (used to have a Mitsubishi Montero, great 4x4 but awful gas mileage) finally I discovered the CT and it meets everything I need.
Road around home are terrible, and I need to drive at least twice a week on a highway and then a 5 mile dirt road which on rain season gets really muddy.
I got the CT because that's really the most extreme off-road I go through, so no need for a 4x4, but I'm really interested in improving grip and even a couple inches higher wall size to improve bump absorption and just a bit of ground clearance.
Has anyone tried a taller "off-road" tire?

Thanks!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hello everyone, I just purchased a 2012 awd CT and couldn't be happier. I spent months looking for the right SUV (used to have a Mitsubishi Montero, great 4x4 but awful gas mileage) finally I discovered the CT and it meets everything I need.
Road around home are terrible, and I need to drive at least twice a week on a highway and then a 5 mile dirt road which on rain season gets really muddy.
I got the CT because that's really the most extreme off-road I go through, so no need for a 4x4, but I'm really interested in improving grip and even a couple inches higher wall size to improve bump absorption and just a bit of ground clearance.
Has anyone tried a taller "off-road" tire?

Thanks!
Some have even lifted the CT.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm one of the lifted guys and know the one picture above. I run 235/65/17R Yokohama Geolander G015s on mine with 1.5" wheel spacers/lug pattern adapters and a 1.5" lift. The black Crosstour pictured above now runs Falken Wildpeak's. Not sure on his current size and exact model but we're the only two I know running All-Terrain tires on 2010 Crosstours. I suggest looking up the "Crosstour Nation" facebook page if you're looking into lifting. The guy with the black car will respond on there as he doesn't overly use the forums.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts