Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a happy owner of a 2012 Black EX Crosstour but I have a bit of a complaint and am wondering if this is a common issue or perhaps there is something that can be done about it.

There is excessive rattling coming from behind the back seat. It almost sounds like the storage bin covers are loose and shaking but when I check them they seem secure.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
621 Posts
I am a happy owner of a 2012 Black EX Crosstour but I have a bit of a complaint and am wondering if this is a common issue or perhaps there is something that can be done about it.

There is excessive rattling coming from behind the back seat. It almost sounds like the storage bin covers are loose and shaking but when I check them they seem secure.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Hi there!

I've never encountered the problem, but my guesses would be:

Rear privacy screen is not fully secured to the hatch or is out of the track/pivot

Or

Part of the tire changing equipment is popped out of the styrofoam and rattling under the rear hidden storage bin.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Try to eliminate some things. Ride around with the back seat folded down to see if it it is the latch rattling. Then put a big towel or blanket in each of the storage areas (one at a time) . Also check your license plate to make sure it is tight and not hitting the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!

Thank you to those who offered suggestions! I will try them this weekend and report back. :) It probably is "user (driver?) error". Lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Check the screws holding the license plate in back. The screws on mine were too long and the plate vibrates.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts