Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why does Honda insist on not putting an outside temp gauge, at least in the EX trim, I think this is true with the Accord too. The name Crosstour insinuates a more active lifestyle, in which outside temp plays a big role, especially in the mid-west where we get just a few of 'em good days.

Most Toyotas and Nissans have this in their base trim if I am not wrong.
Honda is too frugal in the instrumentation department when it comes to the baser trims, although it did seem to splurge on the CR-V LX.
Just a rant from a Honda loyalist.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hey man,

I completely agree with you. I don't see why they wouldn't include that. It's one thing to try and differentiate between trim levels and its another thing to be cheap lol... I believe that even the base CR-V brings that little LCD monitor...

·
Registered
184 Posts
There's a temp on my nav screen???? I have an EX-L w/ navi ... I only see it on my odd-meter. I must be oblivious.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There's a temp on my nav screen???? I have an EX-L w/ navi ... I only see it on my odd-meter. I must be oblivious.
Sorry I edited, I figured it would be on the navi, I thought I saw one on the demo crosstour I drove. But it must have been the crv, I test drove the same day.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Sorry I edited, I figured it would be on the navi, I thought I saw one on the demo crosstour I drove. But it must have been the crv, I test drove the same day.
*whew!* :eek:

For a moment there ... I thought I was oblivious. :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
my 2010 ex coupe does nt have outside temp my 2012 crosstour EX-L does makes no sense not to have it in all models cant be that much to throw in

·
Registered
621 Posts
Come to think of it, I owned an Impala many years ago, and my (base) trim level did not have a temp gauge but the higher models did.

Incidently, all the wiring was still in place, so a quick trip to eBay for the sensor and the display solved my problem.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Come to think of it, I owned an Impala many years ago, and my (base) trim level did not have a temp gauge but the higher models did.

Incidently, all the wiring was still in place, so a quick trip to eBay for the sensor and the display solved my problem.
Unfortunately no such luck here, I believe there used to be a kit (wiring, sensor, harness and control unit) available up until the 07 Accord model, if someone is brave enough to attempt this in their CT EX.

http://www.bernardiparts.com/Honda-Outside-Temperature-Guage-Accord__08E71-SDA-XXX.aspx

1 - 12 of 12 Posts