Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! 2015 here. My map lights went out several months ago, then my dome light did as well. Replaced bulbs with several different types (and from two different companies.) Dude at Advanced Auto parts test my fuses and said all my fuses were working good. He pointed out my trunk lights weren't working either. Worried about it being an electrical issue, but coworker said there's a button on left side of steering wheel that will turn all of the interior lights off or on. Does anyone happen to have a picture of this? Of course, google search brought up nada. TIA!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just replaced on of the fuses of my map lights. Decided to replace both bulbs with LED. And by fuse, I mean the button switch that turns the bulb on and off. I bought them on Amazon: Amazon.com: Dorman 924-798 Dome Lamp Switch Kit Compatible with Select Acura / Honda Models, 2 Pack : Automotive

And these LED bulbs: Amazon.com: Serundo Auto DE3175 Led Festoon Bulb, 31mm 1.22in DE3022 Led ,Super Bright Interior Led Festoon Used for Car Map Light Dome Light etc ,Pack of 6pcs. Measure the length of your original bulb. : Automotive. I also replace the dome light with one of these.

I removed the map light base unit in order to verify that the fuse was indeed the problem. I have a multi-meter that I set to the continuity setting, and verified that the fuse was having fits.

I also read on the interwebs that these fuses are pretty prone to failure. I haven't had any trouble with fuses on my dome light or trunk lights, so I'm not sure what switches/fuses those use. How did the Dude at Advanced Auto test the fuses? Those things have tiny holes where the connectors hide, and I couldn't test my fuses without pulling out the base that has exposed circuitry.

Just checked for a button on the left side of the steering wheel of my 2011 Xtour, but found nothing; nothing on the combo switch of the steering wheel column.

BTW, if you were installing LED bulbs, those bulbs have to be inserted in a particular direction, like an AA battery! I was going nutz trying to figure out why my brand new LED bulb wasn't working with my brand new fuse before that fact finally absorbed through my thick skull. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts