Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks - just FYI - I've never gotten any email notifications on threads where I've participated (and some response afterward). Up to now I've been relatively good about keeping an eye on my threads and those where I've jumped in - but I'd love to just get emails when there's an echo. Thoughts?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Go into usercp and you have to select the option to subscribe to threads that you post in. I just click on the "New Post" tab on the upper header, but I also kinda have to go through all the threads regardess anyway lol

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unless there's a setting I don't know about - I've already set my thread subscription to instant notification.

(under Edit Options -> Messaging & Notification)

·
Registered
621 Posts
Aside from the settings in the CP, have you also tried selecting "Suscribe To This Thread" in the drop-down "Thread Tools" menu at the top of the page?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Also, when you reply, and you are in the "Advanced" reply screen, below is the option to select your "Thread Subscription" method.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aside from the settings in the CP, have you also tried selecting "Suscribe To This Thread" in the drop-down "Thread Tools" menu at the top of the page?
The only option that is available to a thread I've started or have replied to shows the "Unsubscribe from this thread" option. So I assume that the setting is being applied automatically (correctly)

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looking at the advanced editor panel, I see that Notification Type: Instant Email Notification is already selected.

FYI - I use the contact email across multiple discussion groups - this seems to be the only one that's not behaving - I'll go look for a typo in the email address. (which should've been where I checked first)

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
confirming my email is correct (thought it *had* to be to confirm the account initially) and tested delivery external to this site - so unless there's some masking on the server side I'm at a loss.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Perhaps your ISP / Email app thinks emails from this forum are spam and it's dumping them in the corresponding folder?

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the help/suggestions. All of that is done. I'm fairly well versed with vBish web sites, so should have said that up front.

For the record - I'm not a noob to discussion forums, just the CT. :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
not suggesting you are a noob or anything :p but we all forget the little things here and there, and always good to double check :D

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:D

I *did* change the notification email address to all lower case (I had mixed case at the beginning) and saved - noticed that the admin panel registered that as a "new" email address and sent a confirmation email. So it may be that either my server may be case-sensitive to email naming convention - though I highly doubt it. That said, I *did* get the "Action Required" email so I now have *one* email from the forum. That's a start. I suppose I'll know eventually if that does the trick (if someone replies to this thread I should know in short order if the issue is fixed).

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Confirmed - that was it. I know for a fact that I have a mixed-case email label in other vBish forums - and those work. So perhaps those other versions are masking the email address to be all lower case behind the scenes. (maybe a case preservation setting on the DB level? mySQL vs Oracle perhaps? - scratches head) Regardless - it's all good. Thanks to everyone for being a sport and helping out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts