Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am fixing to have to put new tires on the wife's 10 CT. I can't stand the bridgestones that are on it from the factory. I am looking into the michelines, any of guys know how the Defender or Latitude work on these cars?

Any other suggestions are welcome

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have been using Michelin's on my vehicles for about 20 years now, love them, I just installed a set of Miclelins Pilot Super Sport, excellent grip and they ride nice.

Cheers
Pop

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the Pilot Exaltos on our last two accord sedans...loved them, my only issue with them was that they didn't last quite long enough...but they did certainly perform...the CT just doesn't feel as high performance as the sedan which i attest to the higher stance. I was going to try to save a little money over the high performance tires and get more of a touring tire since she doesn't drive like a race car driver

·
Registered
668 Posts
My 2010 came with Michelines Latitude tires and I have 40k on my car and they look like I can get another 15 - 20k out of them. You should go to Tire Rack and check out what else they have for the CT. Plus you can read the reviews.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Reply Seaagie

Hi,

You need to consider the weather conditions in the location where you live before replacing your tires. If where you live snows, you should stay clear from high performance tires, or alternatively you have a set of rims with winter tires just for those cold and snowing months. All season tires have a lot of give-and-take to compensate for changing weather conditions, hence lack top-end, grip- and lateral stability performance. High performance tires are very attractive and excellent in the summer and dry weather, however do not expect to get any decent mileage out of them. I don't pay too much regard to many of the customers' reviews, as a lot of folks complained low mileage and road noise after installing ultra performance tires. Anyone with a bit of car-knowledge would immediately ask, what do you expect? The design of a high performance tire's priority is grip-performance and, concerning and lateral-stability, the rest are just distant second or third. Micheline, Bridegestone and Pirelli have well-designed products, anyone of them is a good choice. Where I live, Pirelli is a bit cheaper so I went with P-Zero 255/40/20 - 101W. Hell, I just had a new set of P-Zero 255/40/20 installed after 10k miles (16k km) on the old ones, as I have plans all along to change new tires every 12 months anyway so to run my car in the best grip-performance period, once grip-performance starts to degrade, it's time to change new tires.

The question is what is it that you want your tire to do for you? Grip-performance? Longevity? Soft/Quiet ride? An important question that you need to know your answer, as your tires are the only part of your car that contacts the ground!

·
Registered
35 Posts
25k on tires and need replacement

i am looking to shorthly replace the OEM tires on my 2010 xtour ex-l.

anyone know what size variations in tire size I can substitute and still use the original 18 inch wheels?

·
Registered
20 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
thanks for the info-- from what i can see -- the more available tire size seems to be the 255/55-18. what difference would this make in the car handling.

would that be a good size?

·
Registered
20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
thanks- which particular tire in that size would you reccommend
The right tire for you will depend on what you need your tires to do for you. Give us a call at 1.888.459.4080 and anyone of our sales agents would be happy to help you select the best tire model for your needs and budget.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
michelin's are what i recomend to all my clients ,i have the HFP 19" wheels and i made the mistake of using pirelli's they were terrible !!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just replaced the Michelin Latitudes I had on my wife's 2010 CT, got 61,000 miles out of them. Replaced with Michelin Primacy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts