Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just got our Crosstour last week and I have some questions. First what are the most needed dealer accessories. We have an EXL AWD with all the rubber mats and that is all. We are thinking of adding a trailer hitch, roof rack and backup sensors. Are there any good non-oem alternatives? Second, after having HIDs for a few years now the lights appear dim. Do the silverstar ultras make any difference. Lastly, would doing a k&n cold induction along with true synthetic oil like Royal Purple or Mobil 1 and a less restrictive exhaust help with fuel economy and acceleration. I am glad to be a Honda owner again. This car has been great so far. I had a new civic and acura integra while in college and after graduation switched to Saabs. What a headache. Thanks in advance for your input.

·
Registered
534 Posts
1. Leave the oil alone, avoid Royal Purple completely, it's terrible.
2. My favorite accesory is the door pockets in the pull handles, and they're $15
3. Back-up sensors are overpriced IMHO, and a pain to install on the CT
4. Install a set of HID's in your housings, talk to XenonDepot, they are a site sponsor
5. Leave the exhaust alone, it's a Honda, they sound terrible with exhaust mods.
6. Do the intake, you'll get a little inkling of power out of it, but it's up to you wether the price justifies it, don;t expect a notiable increase in power or mileage though

7. This isn't a Civic or a teg, no motor swaps, naaaawwwsssss, fake BOV's, or sticker packages, and neuspeed, GReddy, Mugen, and JDM parts don't exist

Welcome to the site, congrats on the new purchase, I hope you enjoy it and the forums!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Congrats on the new ride, man. I agree with Ryan, Honda oil is just fine and the intake would probably not be worth it, nor would an exhaust. I've been looking at the all season mats which you already have. I haven't looked into the backup sensors and I doubt I will.

Enjoy the forum!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Get the mud flaps and cargo tray. When I looked Bernardi Honda had very good prices on both along with the floor mats.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Go with the Mud Flaps, I got the rubber mats for winter time with all the salt, Snow and crap you track in. I also did the front bra just because the nose is so big and I do a lot of highway driving. Plus I too poor to afford a clear bra.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have added a clear bra, body side moldings and front rubber Lloyds floor mats for the winter wet/salt.

I also upgraded both the low and high beams to Silverstar Ultras since I too, was used to good HID's. Do a search as I have earlier posted directions and pictures of the installation. A pretty easy install.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've added the rear bumper protector. I drive people to the airport a lot and they tend to rest the luggage on the bumper before sliding it in/out of the cargo area.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the suggestions. We already have the cargo tray. Next up are the silverstar ultras, rear bumper protector, and door pockets. I also want to do the clear bra. Does anyone know of a competent shop in the metro Detroit area?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts