Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great to find this group. I am deciding between 2010 and 2011 EX-L in the next few days as my new high mileage Uber car and am glad to have found a forum. If anyone has driven the socks off their Crosstour let me know any tips. Thanks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Great to find this group. I am deciding between 2010 and 2011 EX-L in the next few days as my new high mileage Uber car and am glad to have found a forum. If anyone has driven the socks off their Crosstour let me know any tips. Thanks!
I have one 2012 EX-L 2wd that has 242k miles and still going.
80% highway miles.
I'd disable the VCM.
Do you know what maintenance has been done?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have one 2012 EX-L 2wd that has 242k miles and still going.
80% highway miles.
I'd disable the VCM.
Do you know what maintenance has been done?
Working off Carfax history reports so far. The 2010 is one owner 225k miles and has pretty regular maintenance at Honda dealerships. Noted 2018 piston rings were replaced and I was wondering if the Crosstour suffered from the same piston ring issue which seemed to hit the Accord. The timing belt and water pump were recently done. The 2011 has history but its less detailed. I have owned Acuras and now a 2013 CR-V so I feel good about the longevity of the motors but anything can break when regular maintenance is ignored

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you can expand on the VCM that would be great. I am leaping up from 2004 Saab 9-3 and Acura TSX so the language seems to be a bit different

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you can expand on the VCM that would be great. I am leaping up from 2004 Saab 9-3 and Acura TSX so the language seems to be a bit different
On V6 models, the VCM deactivates 2-3 cylinders to improve fuel economy. This can be problematic with oil consumption, fouled spark plugs and stuck rings. I use a device called S-VCM. It is installed on the engine temperature sensor and tricks the computer by defaulting the engine temp to 165.2°F. VCM operation does not occur unless the computer believes the engine is warmed up to a normal temperature. This keeps all 6 cylinders firing. This will prolong the life of your engine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts