Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone -

New member here. I bought a 2011 Accord Crosstour in August of 2019 and I love it. Don't know why people thought that they were funny-looking.

I've already been through the leaky spool valve, with the subsequent spool valve/alternator replacement, but I've got something that I can't quite reason out. I put in a new cabin air filter about 10 days ago, right before a road trip to Texas (I'm in Nebraska). No signs of trouble then. After getting back, today I noticed that the blower seemed weak, so I pulled the cabin air filter again. In it an above it, I found a bunch of some kind of stuffing/insulation clogging it. It was puffy and kind of a cream color, with a few small pieces of what looked like black foam edging (picture below). My first thought was mice, but there was no sign of mouse droppings or any mouse smell. Otherwise, I have no idea what it might be. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

John

·
Registered
9 Posts
looks like seat stuffing but I too am afraid to tell you it can only be mice....

to rule it out put a mouse trap over night with some peanutbutter and see what happens after a few days.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
looks like seat stuffing but I too am afraid to tell you it can only be mice....

to rule it out put a mouse trap over night with some peanutbutter and see what happens after a few days.
Thanks for your reply. And you're correct. I traced the stuffing to a forgotten cushion in my garage. I placed some traps and some mouse repellant packets. There hasn't been any more stuffing coming through to the cabin air filter and no foul smell coming from the blower, so I'm hoping that I caught it early.

Thanks again for your reply.

John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts