Honda Crosstour Forums banner

New in Pa. Comments and Questions

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  veasnalong 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone I'm Joe.

Just picked up my wife's Crosstour today (technically yesterday, but it's past midnite and I can't sleep :) ).

Anyway she's had her eye on the CT for over a year now and we finally pulled the trigger. It's a Glacial Blue EX-L, AWD, no Nav. Had a few goodies installed, not much but it rounded out the package nicely.

Mudflaps
Side Body Molding
Blue interior accent floor lighting
Window Visors
Cargo Mat
Remote Starter

We didn't get charged for the add ons, got close to bottom line pricing (Consumer reports Car service) and got .9 percent financing which was a surprise. Until we signed everything I was told it would be 1.9 percent. The interest drop will save me about another 600 bucks. The only thing I think I took a hit on was the trade-in on her '04 Sante Fe. Maybe I could have gotten more selling it outright, just didn't want the hassle I guess. Maybe everything else worked out so well that the trade-in was worth it. Good dealership experience (besides the salesman talking too much but that's his job I guess. ) I would have gone for a 4 cylinder Accord, but it's not my car and my wife deserves this :D

We looked last fall so there weren't any surprises. First impressions;
It drives well. Good power. Handling so far so good. Haven't pushed it yet, don't really plan on it. I think it has H rated tires which will be a big plus, though I haven't found that designation on the tires. Interior is sweet. Like the memory seating. Drivers 10 way adjustable is great!!! Outside it's a great looking vehicle.

Dash controls are a little busy, I'll get used to it. USB I-Pod control is great as is the sound system. It will do well.

It's the most well appointed vehicle either of us has owned, I'm not a huge fan of extras, but this came with most of them standard. I always was impressed with Honda since our last one, which was a '93 Accord SE 2 door. Hopefully the CT will live up to my expectations as far as quality. I've had several Honda Bikes over the years, MX and Street, and nothing else has compared to their designs and performance. I've had several other brands to compare to.

Comments, they don't really give you much on service intervals, do they? Just pay attention to the service minder. We'll see how that goes. Codes, etc. Dummy lights, just bring it in and we'll service it for ya. It gets worse every year with every maker. Keep the customer more reliant on 'The Experts'. That's just the way of the world I guess. My '04 Nissan Titan manual required me to take it in for a headlamp change (I didn't do it). At least the CT tells you how to get at them.

Plastic trim top of interior hatch is popping out. I'll get that fixed.

Looking forward to driving it more. She's so happy I couldn't bring myself to steal it away from her today. I was busy with chores so it wasn't too difficult. But I'll be driving it for sure.

So I'm not expecting it to handle like a sportscar or maybe not even a sporty ride. Would you say that's a realistic expectation?

Also, is there any way to turn off the horn when arming the security? It only honks if I hit the button twice, maybe just hitting it once arms it without the honk. Looked in the owners manual but didn't see it mentioned at all. On my truck you can set it either way.

Well Thanks for Reading the long post, I know I was longwinded. Hopefully you guys can give me some feedback and insight. Good to Be on board!!!!!

Chief

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the form and congratulations on your new purchase. Don't know if you can set the alarm/lock to stop blowing on the second punch??
I have the 4WD as well. Only thing extra is I have Navi with the back up camera. And that is really a luxury with the Crosstour. You don't have to turn your head around to backup to park or come out of a stall. I don't know how the guys without the back up camera can park this car? I would say it would be difficult with out the camera. You will enjoy it more it you get the Navi with back up camera install. It's very nice.:)

#3 ·
welcome cheif ! pushing the button once does arm the alarm the second is just a honk for confimation if you cant see the lights flash or hear the locks go. If it doesn't honk on the second push a door is open. As for the handling you could always lower it! LOL

#4 ·
Hi Joe,
I have the same trim level as you do. Interior button layout only seems busy on day 1 - you get used to it very quickly. In fact, I think the layout is very well organized. Also, auto journalists in California never seem to appreciate that the buttons are large and glove-friendly. The engine is very smooth and powerful so in that sense it feels sporty. The suspension is tuned for a nice ride, though, so you don't get the same road feel you would expect from a truly sporty car. I'm extremely happy with my Crosstour. It's a really enjoyable car to drive and the EX-L has great creature comforts. I have a little paint-chipping going on where the spoiler meets the hatch, but I'll get that fixed at my first service in a few weeks (there's a thread on this topic in the forum).
Welcome to the forum!
Glenn

#7 ·
Hey Everyone,

Thanks for the responses, help, and welcomes!!!!!!

Sunday I put on a little fireworks show at the house. One ended up under the CT and firing a shot or two at the undercarriage. I was standing on a slope where it was at eye level to me. Everyone else was on higher ground. It was still obvious that the car got hit.

I thought I was dead for sure. It turned out to be not so bad. Drivers side rear tire got hit, and some debris on the inner mud flap, then less dust above one muffler. I looked the underside up and down with a light as best I could and found no evidence of a hit. Eventually I'll have it put on a lift to look it over, I'm sure I heard metal getting hit under there. Anyway it seems there's no real damage right now, the orange dust washed off easily. My wife wasn't as mad as I thought she'd be.

It's a tight ride, and I did find the 'H' designation on the tires. I've seen that make a big difference in handling and ride on prior cars. Not superfast, once you get rolling it doesn't downshift easily. Likes to stay in whatever gear it's in when it's floored. No complaints. Yes, it is a sweet ride. I like how the dash and lights dim automatically. The 10 way memory seat/mirrors is also great.

The dealer called yesterday for a follow up. I mentioned that there was some dimpling on the front seats. It's black leather and only on the bottom portion, not the back. I figured it may be caused by the sun hitting them, saleman said to bring it in if we want, but it may be the heating elements. Sounds about right to me. I noticed it's not so bad when the interior cools off.

Anyone else notice this ?

Thanks,

Joe

#8 ·
Hey Everyone,

Thanks for the responses, help, and welcomes!!!!!!

Sunday I put on a little fireworks show at the house. One ended up under the CT and firing a shot or two at the undercarriage. I was standing on a slope where it was at eye level to me. Everyone else was on higher ground. It was still obvious that the car got hit.

I thought I was dead for sure. It turned out to be not so bad. Drivers side rear tire got hit, and some debris on the inner mud flap, then less dust above one muffler. I looked the underside up and down with a light as best I could and found no evidence of a hit. Eventually I'll have it put on a lift to look it over, I'm sure I heard metal getting hit under there. Anyway it seems there's no real damage right now, the orange dust washed off easily. My wife wasn't as mad as I thought she'd be.

It's a tight ride, and I did find the 'H' designation on the tires. I've seen that make a big difference in handling and ride on prior cars. Not superfast, once you get rolling it doesn't downshift easily. Likes to stay in whatever gear it's in when it's floored. No complaints. Yes, it is a sweet ride. I like how the dash and lights dim automatically. The 10 way memory seat/mirrors is also great.

The dealer called yesterday for a follow up. I mentioned that there was some dimpling on the front seats. It's black leather and only on the bottom portion, not the back. I figured it may be caused by the sun hitting them, saleman said to bring it in if we want, but it may be the heating elements. Sounds about right to me. I noticed it's not so bad when the interior cools off.

Anyone else notice this ?

Thanks,

Joe
how bad is it dimpling on the front seats?? good if you can post picture so we all can see if you can.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.