Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, New 2010 Crosstour owner here. Wife had a visit from the sand man, dosed and totaled her 2011 Civic Sedan. Fortunately came out of it without a scratch because of the cable barrier on I-85 in northeast ga. State Farm haggled over making us hold, the event happened November 18 and we still have not received our settlement money even though they say the check is in the mail. Guess they needed our money a day longer for their interest collections. However we decide to look at the Crosstour, and just purchased this very nice ES-L with Navigation with the six cylinder two wheel drive. Had to pull personal savings but she is very pleased with the purchase. I have owned various Hondas over the years found them to be very reliable. I do all of my own work, but more and more I have become an analogue guy in a digital world.

This vehicle has 139,000+ miles and I want to keep it maintained in the way it seems to have been maintained to this point. The couple from whom we purchased the car were the second owners but did not use dealers for their service.The car looks to have been garaged and the engine bay is quite clean for a 12 year old vehicle with no oil leaks etc. They do not know if the timing belt has been replaced but say the vehicle was checked by their mechanic and says the vehicle is good to go.

If anyone knows of a way to determine replacement by visual inspection I would like to know.

Also I have some concerns about the VCM cylinder system I am looking to install the cut out kit and would like to have suggestion on what unit you have used. Today I am researching the options in that regard and would like to learn as much as I can before I do a purchase/install.

Hoping each of you has a Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday.

Looking forward to many pleasurable Crosstour miles.

Buoyantlyl
Professor Bob

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hello,
Sounds like the 2010 CT is a great find!
Yes, it'd be critical to determine if the TB WP job was ever done. If this was performed during the first ownership, this info may be in the service records in Honda's database. You can go to the Honda Owners website and create an account, then enter the VIN to access the info for any service done at the dealership if they did the work. It is recommended that the TB is replaced every 105k miles or 7years, which ever comes first. Yes, it is possible to visually inspect the belt. The back cover can be removed (five 10mm bolts) without removing the power steering pump. The writing on the belt would be worn off. Wear marks, thining and the color should help determine if it's been replaced. Bump the starter to inspect entire belt.
I highly recommend disabling the VCM. I use S-VCM on my 2 CTs and my 2017 Pilot. This device saved my high milage 2012 CT from the scrapyard and if I had known about it sooner, I could have saved the money on 2 catalytic converter replacements.
There is another device called VCM Tuner II that some use.
These devices are attached to the temperature sensor and trick the ECU that the temperature is below operating temperature (165.2°F). The VCM will not activate at this lower temp. This subject is talked about extensively on the Piloteers.org website.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Congrats on the new ride, I have recently bought a 2011 Accord Crosstour, and I just upgraded the sound system. I also looked into the S-VCM controller and was advised not to change it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, New 2010 Crosstour owner here. Wife had a visit from the sand man, dosed and totaled her 2011 Civic Sedan. Fortunately came out of it without a scratch because of the cable barrier on I-85 in northeast ga. State Farm haggled over making us hold, the event happened November 18 and we still have not received our settlement money even though they say the check is in the mail. Guess they needed our money a day longer for their interest collections. However we decide to look at the Crosstour, and just purchased this very nice ES-L with Navigation with the six cylinder two wheel drive. Had to pull personal savings but she is very pleased with the purchase. I have owned various Hondas over the years found them to be very reliable. I do all of my own work, but more and more I have become an analogue guy in a digital world.

This vehicle has 139,000+ miles and I want to keep it maintained in the way it seems to have been maintained to this point. The couple from whom we purchased the car were the second owners but did not use dealers for their service.The car looks to have been garaged and the engine bay is quite clean for a 12 year old vehicle with no oil leaks etc. They do not know if the timing belt has been replaced but say the vehicle was checked by their mechanic and says the vehicle is good to go.

If anyone knows of a way to determine replacement by visual inspection I would like to know.

Also I have some concerns about the VCM cylinder system I am looking to install the cut out kit and would like to have suggestion on what unit you have used. Today I am researching the options in that regard and would like to learn as much as I can before I do a purchase/install.

Hoping each of you has a Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday.

Looking forward to many pleasurable Crosstour miles.

Buoyantlyl
Professor Bob
I think the V6's are AWD, and the t-belts (as I know) usually come out by 105k. That is more of an Acura deal. I would say 90k, which is when I had it done. But my book said 60k. I think if your killin' it on cross country routes, 60k is best. My 2006 RL was 105k with a simular engine, 3.5L at 290hp.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts