Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I thought I'd join in on the conversion.

Just traded in my 2007 CR-V for a 2011 Crosstour EX-L / AWD / Navi - Black. I've only had it a few days but I absolutely love it. I don't think I ever liked the CR-V as well even when it was brand new. I paid $34,000 for the all in Crosstour and got edmunds trade-in value for my CR-V. I think I got a good deal, also got 0.9% financing which was nice.

My wife and I went to the Detroit Auto Show in January, and surprisingly I don't remember seeing the Crosstour there. I may have missed it. We sat in about every mid size SUV and Crossover, and none were even close to as comfortable as the Crosstour. I liked the CR-V, it was a good car, but the seats were terrible over the long run. The seats in the Crosstour are amazing.

I've read a lot of articles from people saying the car is ugly, and both my Wife and I are studied design in college and work in the creative industry and we both agree the car looks great. I actually think it is Honda's best looking vehicle. I really think some people just can't figure it out or just don't have an eye for good design. Whatever, too each his own.

Anyway, I for one am looking forward to many enjoyable miles.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hello all. I thought I'd join in on the conversion.

Just traded in my 2007 CR-V for a 2011 Crosstour EX-L / AWD / Navi - Black. I've only had it a few days but I absolutely love it. I don't think I ever liked the CR-V as well even when it was brand new.
Welcome! We also made the jump from a 2007 CR-V to a fully loaded Crosstour EX-L, AWD, Navi in Sage. The Crosstour is a much better ride than the CR-V. I also never really liked the CR-V and on long trips it was not comfortable at all. Plus, the road noise level in the CR-V was exhausting.

The Crosstour is the total opposite. It is quiet, comfortable, smooth riding and has much more power and is averaging the same MPG that our CR-V averaged (~24 MPG). I can't wait to take the Crosstour on a long trip to see what our extended highway gas mileage is.

I got pretty much the same deal on my Crosstour although I was only able to get $13K for the trade. They were working me for blackbook pricing while I knew bluebook pricing was much better. I felt with the good purchase price, and .9% financing I could give a little on the trade. So, I settled for $13K when in reality I probably could have sold it myself for ~$15K. But, I just didn't want to deal with people trying to haggle me down and all the test drives and crap that goes along with selling a vehicle.

Enjoy your new ride. I am sure you will like it more than the CR-V. I know we do...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Road noise on the CR-V was awful. I could never use my speaker phone as it sounded to everyone like I was talking with the windows down. Absolutely love the handsfreelink in the CT. The handsfreelink, and the iPod USB support eliminated 3 different gadgets I used to keep in my CR-V: iPod charge cable, aux cable, and Jabre Bluetooth Speaker. Those were the two gadgets I really wanted in the CR-V that were not available when I purchased.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Congrats on the vehicle and welcome to the forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts