Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never had a honda before.....was planning on buying Toyota Venza and on a whim stopped into Honda dealership to test drive CT....well lets just say i was so impressed i walked out the door with a 2011 Glacier Blue 4WD EX-L:eek:...this drives so much better than the Venza. I am coming out of a 2001 Lexus RX 300....and the CT handled much better in the snow. I live in Northern Michigan....two feet of snow on the ground and 4 to 6 inches daily. I live on a steep hill that doesn't always get plowed...the CT loved it....no problems and handled better than the Lexus. This is one cool car.....it is so fun to drive...and so much quieter than Venza.......thank god for the whim:D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Your'e not alone. We went to the Honda dealer to look at other stuff and we were blown away at how good the CT was. I am very glad that my wife asked if she could take one for a drive. It is a fabulous ride.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Congrats! We also looked at the Venza before buying our CT. Having been Honda owners since 1999 we were partial to Honda. We didn't even take the Venza for a test drive before we decided we didn't like what we were seeing. We didn't like the fit & finish of the Venza. My wife didn't like the single rear window on the Venza. The leather and plastic interior parts on the Venza were low quality. We also wanted the option to have a sun roof and a roof rack which couldn't be done with OEM parts on the Venza. Plus, a comparably equipped (Venza vs. CT EX-L w/Nav 4WD) was more expensive than the CT. So, last December we also purchased a CT (EX-L w/Navi, 4WD, Opal Sage Metallic).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Venza vs. CT

I had kind of dismissed Honda since everything i read on the web from the so called "experts" picked the Venza over the Crosstour......how could they be so wrong!! No comparison in my book and i spent a lot of time test driving Venza....its quality is way below CT.

I feel kind of sorry for Toyota...not only are they taking a beating in the press...their quality is starting to slip.....would still pick over GM and Ford...test drove those also.

i guess lesson learned....dont listen to so called experts!

·
Registered
621 Posts
Welcome to the club!

I think the problem with the so called "experts" is that comparing the Crosstour with the Venza isn't the right perspective to take.

Sure, if you are looking for a way to move your family and groceries around that isn't a mini-van, the Venza is the "correct" choice.

More cargo room. Cheaper...

But really, the Crosstour isn't designed to go after the same buyers as the Venza.

I can't blame them for picking the Venza every time when they are looking at it with that perspective... I just feel bad that there are certainly potential happy Crosstour owners out there that will never know because of the faulty perspective.

It's like routinely comparing a Ford F-150 to a BMW 3 series, and proclaiming how terrible and unfit the 3 series is because it's more expensive and it can't even move a ton of gravel.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I had kind of dismissed Honda since everything i read on the web from the so called "experts" picked the Venza over the Crosstour......how could they be so wrong!! No comparison in my book and i spent a lot of time test driving Venza....its quality is way below CT.

I feel kind of sorry for Toyota...not only are they taking a beating in the press...their quality is starting to slip.....would still pick over GM and Ford...test drove those also.

i guess lesson learned....dont listen to so called experts!

Congrats on the new CT, hands down, better deal than a Venza.

Don't feel too bad for Toyota. Had electronic 'quirks' in an 08 Avalon. Immediate response from Toyota, 'there is nothing wrong', and if they close their eyes and hold their ears and scream then they won't even have to look for problems.

I had to get rid of the Toyota and being a Ridgeline owner I checked out the CT. The wife drove off that day from the dealer and has never mentioned her beloved Avalon again.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Another Glacier Blue! Excellent color choice! Make sure to vote in the color poll in the General Discussion thread.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I went to the Honda dealer to drive a CRV. I have owned two CRV's previously and liked them very much, but after driving the CRV, I drove the CT on a whim and liked it so well that I simply bought it. I have driven the Venza 4 times (twice in the 4cyl and twice in the 6cyl) and there is really no comparison to the CT; they are simply different sorts of vehicles. There is no issue about which is the more pleasant to drive, however; the Venza is clunky by comparison, although it has some attractive features.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I went to the Honda dealer on a whim because I really liked the new Hyundai Sonatas...but stopped from buying one because I really would have liked the same thing but with 4WD...so looked at the Tucsons and couldn't decide between them....Went to the Honda dealer and saw the crosstour which actually had some of the nice sleek styling shape that the Sonata has and 4WD too!...when I saw how cool the rear seats dropped down (almost flat too) with a flick of the rear handles, and I knew it was coming home with me...

·
Registered
761 Posts
Never had a honda before.....was planning on buying Toyota Venza and on a whim stopped into Honda dealership to test drive CT....well lets just say i was so impressed i walked out the door with a 2011 Glacier Blue 4WD EX-L:eek:...this drives so much better than the Venza. I am coming out of a 2001 Lexus RX 300....and the CT handled much better in the snow. I live in Northern Michigan....two feet of snow on the ground and 4 to 6 inches daily. I live on a steep hill that doesn't always get plowed...the CT loved it....no problems and handled better than the Lexus. This is one cool car.....it is so fun to drive...and so much quieter than Venza.......thank god for the whim:D
Welcome, GB, and congrats on the '11 CT.
Please keep us up on any issues with it and enjoy.
C.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Another Glacier Blue! Excellent color choice! Make sure to vote in the color poll in the General Discussion thread.
Great choice in colors, I was looking at the Infiniti EX35 and decided to take a look at the CT. After 2 test-drives with the CT, I never looked back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts