Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, deed is done. Looked at all vehicle options, new and used, and the one that cam out on top was a white EX-L 4cyl.. Was on the fence, but for the price, terms, payment and options, I feel I made the right choice. Best of all the wife and family love it. My wife actually mentioned that I am now a grown-up!

Anyway, Hello from Nashville....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well, deed is done. Looked at all vehicle options, new and used, and the one that cam out on top was a white EX-L 4cyl.. Was on the fence, but for the price, terms, payment and options, I feel I made the right choice. Best of all the wife and family love it. My wife actually mentioned that I am now a grown-up!

Anyway, Hello from Nashville....
Welcome, Mr. Grumpy! I saw on the other thread that your 8-year-old was very sad that you traded in your Volvo. We have a 10-year-old who was very sad when we traded in our Volvo (a 1998 S70 sedan she'd named "Tripsy" because we always took it on trips). We named our new dark-red Crosstour "Bing", as in Bing cherries.

Maybe give your 8-year-old naming rights? It might help create a feeling of kinship with the new car. :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Welcome, Mr. Grumpy! I saw on the other thread that your 8-year-old was very sad that you traded in your Volvo. We have a 10-year-old who was very sad when we traded in our Volvo (a 1998 S70 sedan she'd named "Tripsy" because we always took it on trips). We named our new dark-red Crosstour "Bing", as in Bing cherries.

Maybe give your 8-year-old naming rights? It might help create a feeling of kinship with the new car. :)
Funny! My kids call the female voice of the handsfree: "Mona". They also call the (very similar) voice of our Garmin GPS "Mona". I don't know why or where they came up with it.

Welcome, Mr. Grumpy. I also have a White/Ivory CT. At first, I was sure that no matter what color I got, I had to have the black interior. Then I test drove a Tango Red w/Ivory and I fell for the lovely black/tan/wood combination - and for the red exterior. In the end I got a great deal on a White one. I've never owned a white car before this and it wasn't my first choice, but I have to say I've been really happy with the car and the color. It shows off the lines well, rarely looks dirty and I get a lot of compliments and questions about the car. Enjoy!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thanks, excellent idea!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Papajohn and FamilyGuy.

White was my first choice. Never owned a white car and after the Yellow Volvo that I had for so long, I was ready for something less in your face. The only thing that I was on the fence with is the ivory leather. But the combo looks a class above - IMHO.

Dealer said that he had sold more of the Crosstours than he thought he would. Not hotcake sellers, but he did mention that the buyers comprise more than just empty nesters,,, hahaha...

My only add ons will be a bike rack and possibly wheels. The 17's that come on the 4cyl seem a little small for the design of the car. Other than that,, I love it.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum. Let us know what the 8 year old names your ride. Somehow the voice on the Navi is Maggie. Go figure, lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts