Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
interesting, well at least they are advertising !

·
Registered
622 Posts
They could get more interest if they said 'highway mileage of 28 mpg' after the 271 horsepower.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I turned like that once to show off :rolleyes: lol jk... I'm glad they stuck to the CTs more flattering angles in the last 5 seconds when they actually showed what the commercial was for :D...

Ppl that say the car is ugly just don't bother me anymore... They're mostly bitter deuschebags that drive older accords that think their year is the best lol...

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
its funny we all get complements from everyone the only people that dont like the looks are the automotive journalist's they are the reason for the bad press

·
Registered
621 Posts
I *love* this commercial.

This is exactly the advertising angle they need to take.

They need to appeal to the younger professionals who can 1) afford a car this price 2) want more room than a sedan 3) don't want an SUV (for any number of reasons) and feel that they are too "hip" for a mini-van or wagon.

This commercial is fantastic.

(Disclaimer: I'm exactly the type of person I just described, and the commercial works for me.)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yeah, I've been wondering why I've never seen a CT ad on tv, but the answer is TiVo. And if they barely show the car during the ad, then it's even harder for me to catch it. Never seen one in print either, though.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
I just watched a back episode of "Top Gear" on Netflix where two of the hosts were tasked with making a commercial for a VW diesel coupe. They were working with some real ad execs who've handled the VW account for years - and you can tell that the hosts went out of their way to irritate them with garish commercials. It was all part of the fun...

;)

But I gotta say - this commercial reminds me of the many "outliers" that they put together in order to make the ad execs grimace and frown. I don't know what Honda is going to do with that 60-second spot, but if they cut it to 30 or 20 seconds it might pay off. But man, it was "too much of a lame thing" just to make the Crosstour look slick by comparison. Seems to me they were trying a bit too hard.

Who/where is the market for this ad? (i.e. where are they placing it?)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I saw the new commercial for the first time last night. It was on at the end of the undercover boss show on CBS. And last night show was a waste water treatment company, which processes human waste (the kind you flush). I think Honda should make better choices on what shows the advertise on. I'm not sure I want my car associated with human waste processing. :eek:
Gary

1 - 16 of 16 Posts