Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In all the browsing I've done across the forum, I haven't seen anyone mention the Eco Hitch. Judging by the date on their website it appears to be pretty new.

For those of you still interested in a low profile hitch option (as 2012 and onward OEM have dropped hitches, and are all the other aftermarkets that I've seen), I dug up another solution from the web. Its about 125 bucks more expensive than your Curt, Hidden Hitch, and DrawTite options, (closer to your OEM price) but it looks much cleaner and the DIY installation doesn't look terribly complicated.
EcoHitch

The one thing I'm not sure about is whether or not it can be installed with the rear underbody spoiler-
Has anyone had any luck with a hitch install with the rear underbody spoiler on?

·
Registered
173 Posts
From the included link above it looks to be available in both sizes. I really like how it looks compared to my curt hitch.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I'll be ordering one as soon as I get info back confirming compatibility with 2013+ Crosstours... Makes me wonder why Honda changed the trailer hitch design in 2013 to an "exposed" hitch??

I'm thinking 2" receiver for me as there are many more accessories out there in a 2" version rather than 1 .25"...

·
Registered
476 Posts
I'll be ordering one as soon as I get info back confirming compatibility with 2013+ Crosstours... Makes me wonder why Honda changed the trailer hitch design in 2013 to an "exposed" hitch??

I'm thinking 2" receiver for me as there are many more accessories out there in a 2" version rather than 1 .25"...

I couldn't wait -lol- .... I pulled the trigger and ordred the EcoHitch with 2" receiver.

I'll keep y'all posted on the project progress... :cool:

·
Registered
320 Posts

My guess is that it was primarily due to the significant amount of labor required to install the earlier (and very nice!) OEM hitch.

·
Registered
476 Posts
My guess is that it was primarily due to the significant amount of labor required to install the earlier (and very nice!) OEM hitch.

The thing is both styles of Honda hitches require nearly identical amounts work to install.... :confused:

The ECOHitch involves removal of the rear bumper and that's about it...

·
Registered
476 Posts
My EcoHitch has arrived, (That's a BIG box!) I just need to slot out some time to do the install. I may wait until we are not having 100+ F. Weather.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
33 Posts
In all the browsing I've done across the forum, I haven't seen anyone mention the Eco Hitch. Judging by the date on their website it appears to be pretty new.

For those of you still interested in a low profile hitch option (as 2012 and onward OEM have dropped hitches, and are all the other aftermarkets that I've seen), I dug up another solution from the web. Its about 125 bucks more expensive than your Curt, Hidden Hitch, and DrawTite options, (closer to your OEM price) but it looks much cleaner and the DIY installation doesn't look terribly complicated.
EcoHitch

The one thing I'm not sure about is whether or not it can be installed with the rear underbody spoiler-
Has anyone had any luck with a hitch install with the rear underbody spoiler on?
Wait... "as 2012 and onward OEM have dropped hitches"? Is that right? We just got a quote from the local Honda dealer to have a Honda hitch installed (on our '14 CT). Just the hitch, not the wiring harness, because it's for a bike rack, not a trailer. They quoted $650! I think the term "rip off" applies. But it sounded to me as if Honda still has them.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Wait... "as 2012 and onward OEM have dropped hitches"? Is that right? We just got a quote from the local Honda dealer to have a Honda hitch installed (on our '14 CT). Just the hitch, not the wiring harness, because it's for a bike rack, not a trailer. They quoted $650! I think the term "rip off" applies. But it sounded to me as if Honda still has them.
I believe it is 2013 and later that Honda uses a fully exposed hitch on the Crosstour, quite fugly in my opinion. That's why I've installed the EcoHitch!

2010-2015 Honda Crosstour EcoHitch Hitch Size 2"
Curt T-One Connector 2013-2015 Honda Crosstour
$298.70 delivered

http://torkliftcentral.com/2010-2015-honda-crosstour-ecohitch

30-60 minutes to install the hitch depending on how agile you are getting up and down.

Haven't gotten to the Curt T-One Connector yet, not motivated as mostly wanted the hitch as a bicycle rack, but I may need to haul my Goldwing motorcycle at some point in the future...

·
Registered
320 Posts
Does the hitch on a CT interfere in any way with the spare tire lowering mechanism?
Not the 2010-2012 (OEM or aftermarket) hitches... and I assume the same is true for 2013 and later as well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts