Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hadn't ever considered a CT until cruising the lots last week. Saw a 2013 V6 EX-L and thought, we heck, that checks alot of boxes on my wants list, price was right and boom, it's sitting in the driveway. Lots to like about this thing, with a few annoyances of course.

Biggest annoyance for me is the LOUD beeping when exiting the car with it running (with the push button start.) Is there any way to disable that? My search foo in the forums and googling is not providing me an answer.

Thanks much for all the current and future wisdom form everyone.

Cheers,

Adam

·
Super Moderator
372 Posts
Hadn't ever considered a CT until cruising the lots last week. Saw a 2013 V6 EX-L and thought, we heck, that checks alot of boxes on my wants list, price was right and boom, it's sitting in the driveway. Lots to like about this thing, with a few annoyances of course.

Biggest annoyance for me is the LOUD beeping when exiting the car with it running (with the push button start.) Is there any way to disable that? My search foo in the forums and googling is not providing me an answer.

Thanks much for all the current and future wisdom form everyone.

Cheers,

Adam
Welcome to the forum.

All cars have pluses and minuses. I bought a 2010 EX-L 4wd new off the lot the 1st year they came out and have since dealt that to someone else and acquired a 2013 v6 EX-L 4wd. Couldn't be happier with my move to the newer variant with some improved features.

I agree that the beeping is quite unnerving when you step out/around the vehicle. It is a safety feature meant to protect others who may walking near your car so they can hopefully avoid injury. I'm willing to put up with it and not sure there is a way to disable it...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback edub, I am pretty happy with the purchase so far, not a lot of minuses on my list so that's good so far. For the loud beeping, yeah I can see it as a safety thing, but in cold climates, letting the car warm up and having an infant to get in and out of the car I tend to hear the beeping a lot especially in the morning when trying to get everyone to school and trying not to wake neighbors. I'll have to change my routine abit unless someone else knows a way to disable the key reminder alert.

Thanks again and hope to have the car for many years.

Welcome to the forum.

All cars have pluses and minuses. I bought a 2010 EX-L 4wd new off the lot the 1st year they came out and have since dealt that to someone else and acquired a 2013 v6 EX-L 4wd. Couldn't be happier with my move to the newer variant with some improved features.

I agree that the beeping is quite unnerving when you step out/around the vehicle. It is a safety feature meant to protect others who may walking near your car so they can hopefully avoid injury. I'm willing to put up with it and not sure there is a way to disable it...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts