Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 13 years and 3 generations of Honda CR-Vs (and a couple of Civics before that) I got my new 2012 Polished Metal Metallic 4WD EXLN w/Black Leather Interior today. I really do love this car. This is my 6th Honda and the best so far. Lots of power, very smooth ride and just absolutely love the exrta comfortable luxurious feel inside.

It came with All Weather Mats, Cargo Tray, Rear Metal Bumper Protector, Mud Flaps, Moon Roof Visor, Hood Air Deflector, Door Visors, and Wheel Locks. I think I got a very good deal! The base price for the CT from the dealer was $33,690. With tax, license, and the extras above came to a total of $37,217 out the door. I am very happy with the deal and the whole buying process. Easiest, honest, most straight forward deal I have ever had.

I have ordered the 18-in SBC Honda Alloy Rims (saw them on a floor model at the NW Auto Show and they look really great on the CT), Side Body Molding, the Blue Interior Illumination, Door Sill Trim, Door Edge Film, All Season Rear Seat Cover (all from Honda), and two Halogen Jet Fog Light Bulbs (I think that will set off the front end nicely). Thought about the Underbody spoilers (Front/Rear/Side) but honestly I just love the look of the car the way it is and the clean lines. The spoliers aren't bad, just not sure they will give me much in appearance with Polished Metal Metallic. So going to skip them for now can always add later.

Here are some pix from today (hopefully I have done this right). I love a clean car...cold they cram anything more into the engine compartment?

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Nucman - I had the door visors on my 06 Accord and I loved them - and I would love to add them to the CT - but only on the front windows. What is your opinion on that?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nucman - I had the door visors on my 06 Accord and I loved them - and I would love to add them to the CT - but only on the front windows. What is your opinion on that?
Hey CurlyGirlCA,

Funny you should asked about that...I thought about the same exact thing when I was thinking about getting the door visors. I don't think it would hurt the look/flow of things to just have them on the front window. Because they ended up being part of the daler installed equipment when I got my CT, I didn't want to go back in afte the fact and mess around with the door seals anymore than they already have been.

So I say just go with the front visors...you can always add the rear ones after you have them in stalled and if it doesn't something to the look that you don't like.

:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Congratulations!!

Your going to LOVE this machine you just bought. I have the same color, were in the same City....Crosstour's are taking over Seattle.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Picking up the same car, less Navigation, tomorrow. How do you like the blue interior lights? I'm having the remote starter installed, thinking those might be pretty nice on that black interior.

Coming home to Honda after a great 2001 Pathfinder and a decent but not exciting 2008 Rogue. Favorite cars were that Pathfinder and a 1998 Honda Accord V6 coupe, one of many, many Hondas.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Picking up the same car, less Navigation, tomorrow. How do you like the blue interior lights? I'm having the remote starter installed, thinking those might be pretty nice on that black interior.

Coming home to Honda after a great 2001 Pathfinder and a decent but not exciting 2008 Rogue. Favorite cars were that Pathfinder and a 1998 Honda Accord V6 coupe, one of many, many Hondas.
Hey Dave,

Congratulations on the new CT. I think you are going to love it. I have enjoyed every minute in my CT so far through my first ~3,700 miles and snow storm. Besides just the comfort of the interior and the exterior looks it handles incredibly well in all weather conditions. I know for sure that in icy/snowy road conditions I would not have done as well in my previous CR-V as I did in the CT this year.

I am a little torn about the blue interior lights. I definitely do like the blue light but overall they aren't as bright as I thought they were going to be. You will have a hard time probably even noticing them driving around the city at night with the typical ambient lighting. But when you do get out of the city on a nice long highway drive the blue comes out much better and then I definitely like them more :) The good news was they weren't too expensive to purchase/install. If they had been a $100+ more expensive I think I would have been regretting them.

If you end up getting them, let me know what you think. Are you adding/getting anything else? I bought the Honda chrome rims for my CT and thought that if I had gotten a black CT they would 'pop' even more!

·
Super Moderator
796 Posts
Great looking vehicle! I look for any reason to get into my 2012 black on black CT to take a drive. Great set of options and great price. I feel it is important to get the vehicle the way you want it early on. Whether it is wheels, tint, remote starter, or whatever, get the car situated to how you want it. It will be much more fun and a pleasure to drive. For that matter, the wife hasn’t had her coffee yet this morning, I think I will be quickly jumping in my CT. Good luck with yours and if you have any questions jump right in and ask.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm going to have those lights put in next week. My wife loves the blue of the gauges, so she's all for it. Where we live it can be plenty dark at night, running up and down the Adirondack Northway... I think they'll be a nice touch. Rented a Mustang convertible in Palm Springs last year that had the light kit and it really snazzed up the car.

I'll report back on how it all looks. And the CT is sensational, love the freaking thing!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts