Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyway to buy the oem navi system and install it in my ct or would I have to replace the dash to make it fit?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Personally I think it would be way to much work and money to purchase everything required and then splice or purchase the wiring for the nav to be operational. I would think that installing an aftermarket Nav would be way better in this situation.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Personally I think it would be way to much work and money to purchase everything required and then splice or purchase the wiring for the nav to be operational. I would think that installing an aftermarket Nav would be way better in this situation.
It would probably be cheaper to trade in your car and purchase a new one with Navi.

We looked into this on the Goldwing board as the top of the line Honda Goldwing comes with Factory navigation. Obviously not the same vehicle, but the cost and work involved was prohibitive.

Best bet is to just add an aftermarket GPS, They work better and you can cheaply upgrade them as technology improves....

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
If you have an iPhone, the Garmin OnBoard USA is fantastic. For $40 and a few extra fees for added features you get automatic updates, red light camera data, traffic data, 3D views, exploded intersection views, route planning (I use this a lot.), Bluetooth through the OEM radio, and if you download the Google points of interest, it can become a local tour guide like when I went to Antietam and then Arlington National Cemetary this year. You can convert to walking mode and it will direct you to all of the features of the park or place of interest.

In addition, you can add the Mechanic option and monitor all of the OBDII data from your vehicle and calculate gas mileage on the basis of engine load from the ECU.

THIS IS WAY COOLER THAN THE OEM NAV.

Also, if you install their tracker unit, you can track your vehicle in 15 second intervals or locate the car that you lost in the parking lot (comes in handy for an old salt like me who screws up airport parking garages on a regular basis).

It's well worth your time to look into it if you have an iPhone. It's the sole reason that I still have an iPhone instead of a Samsung.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts