Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I snapped one of the clips that holds the rear privacy cover in place (the one that attaches right under the second tier glass) and every time I lift the tailgate it falls off. I have Honda care but before I head to the dealership I would wanna know if they would cover this or would I have to pay for a replacement piece? I know the delaership is gonna try and convince me I need to buy a new piece but maybe some of Honda gurus can offer some advice lol... I also need to go and have them readjust the tailgate cause the gap is slightly bigger on one side...

·
Registered
534 Posts
Hope they take care of it. Either way they get paid, it's just a matter of if they want to help a customer.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Hope they take care of it. Either way they get paid, it's just a matter of if they want to help a customer.
This is true we can cover anything it's just like ryan said if we want to help or not. Hopefully they help you !:)

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They basically told me if its broken and its not due to a factory defect they will not replace it, it does not matter if I have Honda Care. I would have to buy the piece. I think I'm going to wait until I go to the dealership in FL where I bought the car to see if they will be more willing to help me out. Smh... That piece is like 120 bucks...

·
Registered
237 Posts
I broke one of the mounting pins on the rear area cargo cover awhile back (pg 115 in our manual)... and didnt want to fork out the exuberant price for a whole new cover for just one little pin.. I tried to epoxy it back on.. didnt work very well, so I just drilled it out... put a dowel rod in of the appropriate size... a little extra long.. and walla! when its mounted it sits nice and tight, looks kinduve ugly when its not mounted but hey... since you never see the dowel rod when its mounted... its not a big deal to me... it works.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice man I will definitely try that. I don't want to dish out cash every time that breaks cause it doesn't look too sturdy. I lost the piece that broke off so glue was out of the question lol. To all the owners out there be careful...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts