Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to mount my Valentine radar detector below the rearview mirror in my new CT. In previous vehicles, I've gotten 12 volts from up above, and I want to do the same with the CT. I have removed the two screws from inside the sunglass compartment, but the upper "pod" will still not drop down. What's the secret for releasing it?

Thanks very much.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I discovered the secret.

After much staring and pondering, I realized that there had to be a way to replace burnt out bulbs in the pod. I was able to remove the lenses by prying them out with a Swiss Army knife, and discovered two phillips-head screws. TA-DA.:)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Michael,
Did you find a way to get power to your V1 RD? I have the same RD, I'd like to know so I can get it done. Please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
124 Posts
I actually used the acc outlet in front of the shifter. Ran wires through the left pillar, and towards the center of the car above the rear-view mirror. I did this for the nav unit. I didn't feel like stealing power from the light system, since other said that it might rob too much power from a line not meant to give more, and can be problematic for devices that draw a lot of current(nav units, tv's, etc). Radio, and radar systems don't draw as much(I think).
Turned out good for me. I did the same thing with my Pilot, which is shown on my thread here somewhere.

Have you noticed any power differences in the car before and after the installation?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts