Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I have the EX-L Nav, 4 cylinder. I like to follow the information screen that shows MPG and miles to empty. However, the average speed does not seem to be working very accurately. For example, this morning I was in my car for 38 minutes according to the computer. For 20 of those minutes, I know I was doing between 60mph and 80mph. The rest of the drive was stop and go traffic with an average speed around 45mph. The computer said my average speed for the trip was 29mph. WTF? It has been in the 20's since I got the car, pretty much on every trip.

Is this normal? Thanks:eek:

·
Registered
22 Posts
My suggestion is to see whether its Trip A or B and match it with the odometer... Theres usually 2 readings (at least for me). Trip A is how much overall miles there are and Trip B is how much I have after I bought the car..

but my Problem with the Trip Computer is the Range of miles left in the tank. It always seems to say more miles than it really is. Like im almost on E and it says i still have 50+ miles left

·
Registered
534 Posts
It average the total time of operation, stopped time affects the average greatly. I have a similar feature on the Kenwood nav unit in my mustang, and my average is VERY low. If it calculated ONLY time while actually moving, then the average would be much higher.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My suggestion is to see whether its Trip A or B and match it with the odometer... Theres usually 2 readings (at least for me). Trip A is how much overall miles there are and Trip B is how much I have after I bought the car..

but my Problem with the Trip Computer is the Range of miles left in the tank. It always seems to say more miles than it really is. Like im almost on E and it says i still have 50+ miles left
I got stuck in an rural area without gas and went about 40 mi. after the red light came on.. I am not exactly sure how many miles it was, but we were geting prepared to walk when we came upon a gas station...

Sorry for the hijack...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all. I finally got it to read 30mph. Must be the total average speed like you said, but I still find that hard to believe. It must include stopped time. That is the only explanation. The other readings on the trip computer seem to be a little more fluid, but the average speed rarely changes.

This the only fluky thing I found about this car so far. Everything else is as advertised. The 4 cylinder CrossTour seems like the real deal

1 - 6 of 6 Posts