Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm getting ready to buy but I'm on the fence about the navigation. Are you glad you bought it? why?... are you kinda sorry you spent the money on it? why?

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
I have it in my accord and love it ! helped me many times and i have ordered a navi crosstour so looking forward to the back up camera ! its nice when its all build in a lot of people say just get a $100.00 garmin they work too but for me i like it all built in

·
Registered
11 Posts
i have the navi system. got it because i wanted the rear camera and the upgraded sound system. doesnt work like our garmin, but i'm getting used to it.really like the backup camera and love the sound system

·
Registered
236 Posts
I Think it's worth it. Get's me where I want to go, and I don't have to think about someone trying to break into my car to get the NAVI off the dash? Plus the back up camera is great as well.

·
Registered
622 Posts
The Nav is nice, enjoy the gas mileage function also.

To me the backup camera is a must, and since it is driven most by the boss, every mailbox in the county has thanked me.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I opted to not get the navigation. I have a Magellian unit that I have used for a few years and it contains about 200 entries that I did not want to re-enter. I take the Magellian unt with me on business trips when I rent cars. The back up camera is nice but I have adapted.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I have the Nav system and I think I have used it 3 times and I have had my car for a year. That being said I love all the other stuff that comes with the Nav and when I have used the Nav system it did work really well. So if you like tech stuff then get the system it worth the extra bucks. Helps in resale too

·
Registered
23 Posts
In real dollars, it is way overpriced. For purely GPS use an aftermarket system is a much better value. Even knowing it is overpriced I still elected to buy it.

It is nice to have it integrated and some of the additional features mentioned. Now that I have two vehicles with back-up cameras I would want to make sure my next vehicle had one as well. It is a really nice feature that I use daily. It allows me to perfectly park a vehicle in a tight garage space with relative ease.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have a Harman Kardon gps system that I routed through the rear-view mirror wire covering, to the left of the passenger airbag, down under the steering wheel, and through the lower-center console so that I can plug it into the lighter when I don't want power going to it. Turned out really nice! Paying 2 grand is simply not worth it! I would rather save that money and buy a new computer, or use it as down payment on a new bike!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I went for Navigation....because of the back up camera... First time I backed out of our garage I was really glad I went for it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I didn't regret to buy the NAV package that comes with backup camera, better sound system, etc. I like built in system because I heard to many stories about stolen portable NAV system and all collateral effects having broken windows, body scratches, etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Purchased CT EXL, passed up the navi, do youself a favor and save the 2K, spend $300 for a Garmin and save the other $1700.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bought ---> Wheelskins EuroTone Leather Steering Wheel Covers
SKU3650591Part #Burgundy/Black 14 1/2 X 4 1/8Vehicle2011 Honda AccordSubmodelAll Accord modelsColorBlack Sides

made for all Accord models... (installed it, fits perfectly!!) I highly recommend this product, a bit pricey at $50, if your into genuine soft leather feel, go for oit

·
Registered
5 Posts
Upgraded Sound System?

I thought when you got the ex-l it came with the upgraded sound. I have a EX-L 4WD with no Nav. The sound is ok. Mabey I missed somthing here.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I didn't regret to buy the NAV package that comes with backup camera, better sound system, etc. I like built in system because I heard to many stories about stolen portable NAV system and all collateral effects having broken windows, body scratches, etc.
You don't get a better sound system with the nav package! EXL bring a premium sound system, no matter if you have a nav or not. Sounds like a salesman lied to get you to buy more. If you were to add the *real* cost of the nav package, it would come no where near the more than $2k price!

If anyone is going to break into your car, because you are stupid enough to park in a place where someone is more likely to break in, it's your own fault. If there's a theif who will break in to steal a tom-tom, they aren't doing it because they are too kind to break into your car that has a built in system...which will bring in more money...lol Imagine being the person that got his built-in system stolen!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I am 100% happy I got the Nav. There are no dangling wires and the radio mutes when directions are spoken. When using my portable unit in previous cars, I couldn't play the radio too loud or I wouldn't hear the directions. In addition, the backup camera is gold. I was a good parallel-parker before, but now I am great! The grid lines guide you right in, and I hardly ever look over my shoulder. I also love the voice command and the trip computer.

I say, go for it. It's well worth the price.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Bought ---> Wheelskins EuroTone Leather Steering Wheel Covers
SKU3650591Part #Burgundy/Black 14 1/2 X 4 1/8Vehicle2011 Honda AccordSubmodelAll Accord modelsColorBlack Sides

made for all Accord models... (installed it, fits perfectly!!) I highly recommend this product, a bit pricey at $50, if your into genuine soft leather feel, go for oit
Do you have a picture? With the EXL- Navi, we have a leather steering wheel.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I am 100% happy I got the Nav. There are no dangling wires and the radio mutes when directions are spoken. When using my portable unit in previous cars, I couldn't play the radio too loud or I wouldn't hear the directions. In addition, the backup camera is gold. I was a good parallel-parker before, but now I am great! The grid lines guide you right in, and I hardly ever look over my shoulder. I also love the voice command and the trip computer.

I say, go for it. It's well worth the price.
These are the good reasons to get the Nav. Well put.
Is it worth the money, though? At $2k, I'd say no. But if you're shrewd, there's probably more haggle room on a Nav model then a non-Nav. So if the difference is really closer to $1k, then it becomes more and more appealing.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts