Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Crosstour EX-L 4WD with Navigation version 4.92. I would like to remove the Nag screen (Lawyer in a box). It's annoying to have to push the "OK" button everytime you start the car to see the map on the screen. I have gone threw many Acura & Honda forums and it has been done on eariler versions (3.xx), but to my knowledge it has not been done on the 4.xx versions. I know it is possible to change the splash screen to a different image on startup, but I'm not really interested in just the splash screen, I just want to get rid of the Nag screen. Thanks for any help. :confused:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Do you have to click ok or will it go away on it's own if ignored long enough?
I was really bothered by the same thing in a 2005 pilot w/Nav, but when I finally gave up hitting ok every time I started the car, I found that it would go away on it's own.

·
Registered
534 Posts
If you don;t click it, the screen goes black after about a minute

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'd like to make the annoying voice quit telling me "your route takes you into unverified areas etc." ...It's so annoying I'm considering just bringing my Garmin into the car when I need GPS....
(PS....I realize you can set the GPS for minimal prompts but it still talks too much)

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
i just turn the voice totally off !

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hey, at least it mutes the radio. In the Pilot, the built-in Nav over-prompted AND talked right over the radio!

·
Registered
621 Posts
Good tip....I'll have to rummage throught the menus and figure out how to do that! Thanks!
This is an *excellent* tip.

Aside from ON/OFF you can select how bothersome she is.

I have it on the 2nd to least often setting. She chimes in at 1mi and at the turn... and forgoes saying the street names.

It's just often enough to keep me from day-dreaming and missing a turn (and not having to stare at the screen) but also not so often it's annoying and I'm screaming at her to be quiet.

·
Registered
184 Posts
This is an *excellent* tip.

Aside from ON/OFF you can select how bothersome she is.
Does she have a name? I always wanted to give her a name. My friend has a Ford Escape and he named her Samantha... :)

·
Registered
621 Posts
Does she have a name? I always wanted to give her a name. My friend has a Ford Escape and he named her Samantha... :)
Not an official one that I am aware of. However, I did end up naming mine... but I've since forgotten... so it couldn't have been too perfect.

:)

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm wondering if someone should start a new thread 'name the female voice' or something like that... See if it's a common thing ... or if i'm just being wierd..

--- Everybody is somebody elses wierdo ---

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2011 Crosstour EX-L 4WD with Navigation version 4.92. I would like to remove the Nag screen (Lawyer in a box). It's annoying to have to push the "OK" button everytime you start the car to see the map on the screen. I have gone threw many Acura & Honda forums and it has been done on eariler versions (3.xx), but to my knowledge it has not been done on the 4.xx versions. I know it is possible to change the splash screen to a different image on startup, but I'm not really interested in just the splash screen, I just want to get rid of the Nag screen. Thanks for any help. :confused:
I have a 2013 crosstour and wondering ffo you can help with bypassing the navi block while driving

1 - 13 of 13 Posts