Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just wondering how do I know if I'm getting the right upgrade disk?

What's currently installed:

Now: BM515A0
version: 4.92
White

The Honda website says that the new version is:

2012 White DVD Map Update v4.A2 for $149.00

I'm just wondering if the version number sequence is accurate? Usually minor upgrades simply upgrade version number incrementally, such as 4.92 to 4.93. Major upgrades typically go up a digit, i.e. 4.92 to 5.0.

But 4.92 to 4.A2?

Thanks! Vince.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
BUMP!

Just concerned that the version numbering sequence is correct, before I plunk down $150.00 for that upgrade. So is "v4.a2" seem like a logical, accurate follow-on to "4.92" ???

Thanks, Vince.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would call around to several dealers. Some have offered these upgrades for $100 or less.
Appreciate the feedback, but apparently, your recommendation isn't valid, at least in the northern VA area. I called 3 separate dealers. Two didn't have the disk in stock and gave me the toll-free number to Honda Navigation. The third did have the disk but charges $250.

So looks like best I can do is $150.00. Once again, thanks for the advice!

Vince.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Appreciate the feedback, but apparently, your recommendation isn't valid, at least in the northern VA area. I called 3 separate dealers. Two didn't have the disk in stock and gave me the toll-free number to Honda Navigation. The third did have the disk but charges $250.

So looks like best I can do is $150.00. Once again, thanks for the advice!

Vince.
Who ever said you had to purchase this from a local Honda dealer? I caught wind of a dealer (I think in NJ) selling it for $100 that people were calling to purchase from.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
True enough, but the implication of your suggestion "I would call around to several dealers" was to call local dealers. That's what I did. I'm not going to cold-call dealers all over the east coast trying to track down the best price. I've got a lot better things to do with my time.

Thanks!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi, just wondering how do I know if I'm getting the right upgrade disk?

What's currently installed:

Now: BM515A0
version: 4.92
White

The Honda website says that the new version is:

2012 White DVD Map Update v4.A2 for $149.00

I'm just wondering if the version number sequence is accurate? Usually minor upgrades simply upgrade version number incrementally, such as 4.92 to 4.93. Major upgrades typically go up a digit, i.e. 4.92 to 5.0.

But 4.92 to 4.A2?

Thanks! Vince.

So what was the answer? I can get it for 97 bucks new but wonder if I should

1 - 7 of 7 Posts