Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 11 CT. Does anyone notice the navi (I suppose other things like lights too) going from night to day mode too frequently? Mine seems to be hypersensitive.......I can be driving on a road lined with trees on a sunny day and the silly navi display goes from light to dark a lot, at speed even.........was not a problem on my 08 Accord which seems substantially identical, at least in that end of the electronics.

Also, I traded my 08 MDX for an '11 and I hope Honda will borrow the new tranny tech from the 11 MDX. They went from 5 to 6 speed and added paddle shifters behind the steering wheel......and OH MY, what a difference..........it is much more fun in the twisties and the control-ability is much better.....way better. In fact, 7 speeds would be just about perfect.........without doing a single thing to the motor except maybe remapping the torque curve. The MDX is a truck that thinks (and acts) like a sports car.

·
Registered
34 Posts
yep, 2011 here as well, although i have 11K miles on it. i just manually click it to daylight or night. it went back and forth all the time

i also find the night one to dark

the roads and signs are hard to see and read

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have a 2010 CT and I found that shadows, shade, and a low horizon sun with long shadows will cause this. There is a setting that allows you to over ride the auto setting. Richard :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
yeah, in my 2012 it's changing to night too quickly. i think it's because it's linked to whether the headlights come on. it would have been better if the system that governs the automatic headlights were separate from the one that governs the nav. there are times it's too dark for me to see, but i don't mind the headlights coming on a bit too soon, since you're more likely to regret not having them on than having them on, i think.

·
Registered
668 Posts
yep, 2011 here as well, although i have 11K miles on it. i just manually click it to daylight or night. it went back and forth all the time

i also find the night one to dark

the roads and signs are hard to see and read
I have a 2010 CT and I found that shadows, shade, and a low horizon sun with long shadows will cause this. There is a setting that allows you to over ride the auto setting. Richard :)
yeah, in my 2012 it's changing to night too quickly. i think it's because it's linked to whether the headlights come on. it would have been better if the system that governs the automatic headlights were separate from the one that governs the nav. there are times it's too dark for me to see, but i don't mind the headlights coming on a bit too soon, since you're more likely to regret not having them on than having them on, i think.
Yes, same issue, I think the sensor is position too far down near where the window meets the dash board

1 - 5 of 5 Posts