Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took my first trip into "uncharted" territory, where I was at the mercy of the Nav system to guide me to my destination, and I'm happy to report that it performed flawlessly. After reading some of the horror stories here about inaccuracies and bad directions, I was a bit leery starting out, but that quickly melted as voice command after voice command was perfect. When she finally said, "Your destination is on the right," there it was, and I was smiling.

My previous nav system was a portable unit, which I liked, too, but I noticed another advantage I hadn't anticipated. When the system speaks, the radio volume is automatically lowered. I couldn't play my radio too loud with the portable unit, for fear of not hearing the directions. Now, I can blast away!

In short, I love the nav and won't be without this option on future cars.

·
Registered
123 Posts
My biggest problem with built-in Nav is the price, but the benefits are good ones, aren't they?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Congrats!

I am also very pleased with the on-board unit.

Not sure if you have played around with it yet, but you can adjust how much the voice prompt chimes in.

I have it on the second to least (if the makes sense) and it only speaks up 1/4 before a turn and right at the turn. Which is perfect for me.

(I found the default setting too intrusive... and on more than one occasion I actually yelled "I KNOW!" at the radio.)

;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts