Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not finding the setting that will set the brightness on the nav screen to dim when the headlamps come on. Am I missing something or do I have to always press the lower left button twice. :confused:

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I retread the manual, again. Could it be I'm running my dash lighting too bright? It mentions half brightness? Really, I can't adjust the backlighting and have the navi switch from day to night modes?

Is this my issue?
I'll reset the brightness and test.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I have the '13 EX-L Non-Navi.

Adjusting the dash brightness has not been "Intuitive". Finally figured out that after pressing the "Brightness" button on the dash, I had to quickly turn the knob around the "Menu" button in order to change the setting. If you delayed even a couple of seconds the brightness control turns back off, seems a bit quick for my taste...

Still haven't figured out all the adjustment options as is is Summertime now and I don't drive much in the dark as there is so little of it for me now... ;)

I seem to remember a Auto-Brightness setting somewhere in the Vehicle Settings... Probably best to just go through each setting one at a time and get everything set the way you want it...

Since I don't have a Navi my 8" screen may not had a Day/Night mode...

·
Registered
621 Posts
Hmmm... yeah. Not sure about the '13, but pshivers makes it sound like it's similar to my '10.

Hit the brightness toggle button to cycle through the settings (Day, Night, Off) and when you are on the one you want, you rotate the selector knob to brighten or dim the display under the respective setting.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks guys, yes I too find these settings less than intuitive. But, I got it, I think. I was rotated all the way to the right on the switch and that was locking it in Day mode. On my last vehicle there was a bump at the max brightness setting that you could feel and realize it was locked on BRIGHT. It's always fun realizing those that design it don't use it. My favorite pet peeve. :cool:

Oh, and the switch I'm talking about is the one on the display by the speedometer that also sets the trips and such.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts