Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you all know, I’m new to CT’s having only owned mine about 6 weeks and currently have about 600 miles on it. Anyway, I got into my CT the other day and started to notice a click noise every time I made a sharp left or right turn. Occasionally, even a hard brake stop would cause the same click. Well, as a mechanic, my mind started: Could it be a bad CV joint? Perhaps a lose caliper? Exhaust rattle? On and on my mind went trying to think of every possible component that could cause this click. I had just made a left turn heading east and again heard the mysterious click. The sun was in my eyes, so I put on my sunglasses. On my next turn, no more click. It appears that my sunglasses were sliding back and forth and front to back in the little overhead sunglasses compartment causing a click noise. To solve the problem, I laid down a bit of foam shelf paper. Now, no more click. I cut out the shelf paper from a very top shelf cabinet in my kitchen. The wife should never notice! I hope....;)

·
Registered
621 Posts
As you all know, I’m new to CT’s having only owned mine about 6 weeks and currently have about 600 miles on it. Anyway, I got into my CT the other day and started to notice a click noise every time I made a sharp left or right turn. Occasionally, even a hard brake stop would cause the same click. Well, as a mechanic, my mind started: Could it be a bad CV joint? Perhaps a lose caliper? Exhaust rattle? On and on my mind went trying to think of every possible component that could cause this click. I had just made a left turn heading east and again heard the mysterious click. The sun was in my eyes, so I put on my sunglasses. On my next turn, no more click. It appears that my sunglasses were sliding back and forth and front to back in the little overhead sunglasses compartment causing a click noise. To solve the problem, I laid down a bit of foam shelf paper. Now, no more click. I cut out the shelf paper from a very top shelf cabinet in my kitchen. The wife should never notice! I hope....;)
Haha. Similar things happen to me every once in a while.

Most recently I started hearing a fast tapping noise while at highway speed. I was concerned that weather stripping or some plastic had come loose and I was starting to get mad.

Then, one day I realized what had happened;

A seed from a maple tree had landed and become stuck on the outside of my car along the left side of the windshield.

I removed it and now my car is just as silent as ever!

:)

·
Registered
180 Posts
That's funny!

When I was reading your post, I was thinking..."Hmmm, it sounds just like the click I had from my sunglasses in the compartment." Ours was caused when we had two pairs in it. No problems now...but I'll keep the shelf paper in mind, just in case.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts