Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well went in to replace a small light bulb that was not working since I bought it. So it was done for free and as a curtesy they wash every car after they do the service on it. That's nice but after the ct got a wash as it was coming to me the garage door fell and hit the rear window and it's all cracked.
Now should I ask for a new same ct or just let them fix it for free and paint the roof, it too got some scratches. I'm stuck guys say new car others say discount some of the price you owe ot it and others say free maintenance for a year. May I tell you I have not had one scratch on it and always hand wash my baby, this is my first new car I have always before bought old.
Please send some feed back on how to deal with this dilemma .
Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
If the car is almost new then go after a new crosstour from there lot!!
Nobody wants to spend there money on a repaired car even if its from the dealership - you bought a new car you should have a new car with NO damages or repair..
Call them and make a deal

·
Super Moderator
805 Posts
How new is your 'used car'? How many miles on it? How long have you owned it? Small accidents happen every day and rarely do people get a brand new car out of it. You can always ask, but depending how many miles on it and how long you have owned it, is the deciding factor. If you had your CT for 2 days and there is only 45 miles on it, then yes, perhaps they would exchange it. For the most part a CT will lose about $12,000 in depreciation the first year. Did you own the vehicle 2 months? Then that is $2,000. It rarely is beneficial for the dealership to exchange a used car for a new car, which is how the dealership is going to look at it. I say, let them fix it and insist on a loaner car while the damage is being repaired.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I agree with Crashmaster.

They'll most likely opt to repair it rather than replace it. What are they offering to do?

I can't imagine letting you leave with a broken rear window.

Bottom line is that it is a real Bummer that this even happened, (especially to your Crosstour). Make sure that they are capable of fixing it properly (have their own Honda body shop). If not, take it to one that is.

I do like trying to get free oil changes though. You might even consider asking them to sign you up for "Honda Care" which provides free oil changes and extends your warranty. The retail cost is around $850.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
How new is your 'used car'? How many miles on it? How long have you owned it? Small accidents happen every day and rarely do people get a brand new car out of it. You can always ask, but depending how many miles on it and how long you have owned it, is the deciding factor. If you had your CT for 2 days and there is only 45 miles on it, then yes, perhaps they would exchange it. For the most part a CT will lose about $12,000 in depreciation the first year. Did you own the vehicle 2 months? Then that is $2,000. It rarely is beneficial for the dealership to exchange a used car for a new car, which is how the dealership is going to look at it. I say, let them fix it and insist on a loaner car while the damage is being repaired.
this is how we would do it at my dealer just look it over and make sure it is a good job and they should throw in some service too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts