Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a meltdown day yesterday and just took off for a drive, between the 75 hour work weeks and the step-dad with dementia...BLAH. So I finally got to drive my Crosstour on the highway, after owning it since November.

I left Seattle (unplanned drive), went over Snoqualmie Pass (I-90), took a left before Ellensburg, got on to Highway 97 (once over the pass it was sunny no more Seattle gray weather), drove to Leavenworth, and back home to Seattle over Stevens Pass. 6 hours, and just under 300 miles and I LOVE my Crosstour. I feel so grown up driving the car. The highway handling of the car was perfect, stable, precision, or precise is the word I want to use. Plenty of power, it is so much more of a car than my 2006 Accord with the 4 cylinder there is no comparison. I also love riding up higher, I just feel so.... in control of the car.

According to the on board computer I got just under 30 miles to the gallon on the whole trip. I even had POWER in the passing lanes!! Love this thing called Crosstour.

Thanks for listening and reading !!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Nice little mental health ride! I got to drive over the Snoqualmie pass last year in a rented Altima while on a business trip up to Alaska... built in a day at the end to spend in and around Seattle, since I'd never been. Once out of the city, it's a lovely area. Made a nice stop and tour at Chateau Ste. Michelle Winery as well.

I imagine the CT was excellent. My personal unwind trip of this sort is 100 miles up the Northway and across the Adirondacks to Lake Placid and back - stopping at the Lake Placid Brew Pub for a quick one, of course. Really looking forward to doing it in the CT now that I've got one.

·
Registered
180 Posts
That's fantastic Steve.
The best cure to avoid meltdown days is to regularly drive the Crosstour non-stop on the open road for a one way minimum of 20 minutes a week.

·
Registered
172 Posts
The Crosstour is a delight to drive on highways. :)

·
Registered
622 Posts
Nice story Steve, and you have discovered the 'therapy' drive manuever, good for the soul.

·
Super Moderator
805 Posts
Nothing better than a relaxing cruise for therapeutic sake.

Tends to get your mind off whatever stress or problem and sink into driving mode while listening to your XM radio blasting your favorite 60’s or 70’s tunes. I’ll have to admit when I get perplexed with a problem (most always an automotive problem), a midnight drive will often have me returning home with the solution.

Other times, I’ll go to sleep while contemplating a problem and wake up in the middle of the night running to the computer with the solution.

For anyone who has not tried a relaxing cruise in the CT, you really do need to try it. For some reason though, I haven’t figured out why yet, the relaxing cruise doesn’t seem to work when the wife is along??????? I’ll have to sleep on that one. Is that a pun? (Good thing the wife doesn't read these forums!!)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts