Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We purchased our 2013 CT EX-L Nav two days ago...It is my first time owning a Honda. We went from a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee to the Crosstour and love our new CUV, however, we have a concern with the headlights and I wanted to see if others have experienced this.
At night, the light beams seem to be divided, there is a line that divides light and darkness and the sight distance is short and limited. Can the dearler adjust the headlights? It concerns us and we feel that it is unsafe due to limited sight at night.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Welcome to the world of the CT. I've noticed the "line" but mostly in town and when behind someone at a light. I think it is the new style headlight. It doesn't seem to limit the distance illuminated, but then Most of my night driving is on the open road. Try turning on the fog lights. That really lights up the road in town. I've got an '11 and a
'12 CT and found no difference in the pattern of illumination. Bought the second CT to eliminate the wife complaining that I always wanted to drive her '11 CT. :)

·
Registered
621 Posts
The "line" is a result of the projector headlights. I don't recommend adjusting them as you will blind other drivers.

The benefit of this type of headlight is that you essentially have full intensity of light all the way up. The older lights would have to be more dim around the edges to not blind other drivers.

Transitioning from the older style can be quite a shock, but I assure you, these are better.

;)

(Assuming of course that yours weren't misaligned from the factory)

·
Registered
25 Posts
We purchased our 2013 CT EX-L Nav two days ago...It is my first time owning a Honda. We went from a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee to the Crosstour and love our new CUV, however, we have a concern with the headlights and I wanted to see if others have experienced this.
At night, the light beams seem to be divided, there is a line that divides light and darkness and the sight distance is short and limited. Can the dearler adjust the headlights? It concerns us and we feel that it is unsafe due to limited sight at night.
I have called Honda in hopes they will add LED lights for 2014 , as well as turn signals on the outside mirrors, and beige metallic for a new paint color. I think it would look awesome in that color with the black trim.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts