Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just recently broke 10K on my 2011 CT EX-L and here is my review of the car with pros and cons (kind of long)...

Pros:

Roomy - I have a forward facing and rear facing car seat in the back and on several occasions the wife has squeezed in between both car seats to car for our youngest daughter. She said it was tight but not something she couldn't handle. Also I went to the Giants game a couple weeks back and fit myself (5'10/210lbs), my cousin (6ft/230lbs) and two friends (both about 5'9/240lbs) comfortably . As a matter of fact everyone commented about how the car fit all of us with good room to spare. This car is made for tailgating!!! We popped the trunk and used the main storage compartment as a cooler and once everything was done I pulled the tray out and dumped what was left of the ice/water.

I also love the trunk space itself and can easily fit the double stroller for my girls in the back as well as their diaper bags and so on. I took my daughters to the park last weekend and was able to store the double stroller and my oldest daughters Barbie 4 wheeler in the trunk without any issue.

Comfort - I have a bad back and the lumbar support has definitely saved me on some of our longer trip. Overall I think the seating in the car is just comfortable.

Ride - I love how this thing rides! It's a nice, smooth and quiet ride. I also think it as just enough "get up and go" to it should I need to pass someone on the highway. I can't wait to see how she handles in the snow.

Look - This is one of those things where either you love it or you hate it and I love it...especially after she's nice and clean! A quick story: last week I was on my way to work and they were doing road work around the corner from my house so there were cops and construction workers directing traffic. I'm sitting at the stop sign waiting for the cop to signal it's ok for me to turn when he starts walking to the car and motions for me to roll the window down. I'm think "here we go" but he says "hey how do you like this thing" and I reply "it's a great car". He says "I've been looking at them but I'm hesitant on buying but seeing it in person and clean like this...man it looks nice". Did I mention at this point his head was totally in the car?! LOL! He basically wished me luck with the car and said he's heading to the dealership at the end of his shift. Again either you love it or you hate it. :D

Convenience - I can honestly say I am "bluetooth spoiled". We had bluetooth in our X5 but never used it. When I bought the CT i said to myself "your paying for the option so use it" and I use the hell out of it! I've had my phone in my gym bag in the trunk and was able answer a call when the phone rung.

Also the Ipod connection is a great to have as well. It makes those long trips not so long. On occasion I've forgotten my Ipod and have used my usb drive to listen to music...yes you don't have the same controls as you do with the Ipod but having the option saves the day.

I absolutely love the memory seat function with the keys. Though it took me a couple days to figure out what was going on and why the seating position would change whenever my wife would drive LOL! We don't have memory sitting in our 2011 Pilot and boy do I miss it when I drive the Pilot! But I think this is a great function and being that we rotate cars from time to time it make the rotation a lot easier.

Mileage - Originally I was averaging about 17-18mpg with mixed driving but mostly highway and was a bit disappointed. But now I'm averaging 21mpg and it seems to be continuing to get better. Hopefully by the time I get to 15k I'll be hitting the 24-26mpg like some of you guys.

Cons:

Sunroof - I wish it was a panoramic roof instead of a single sunroof. We had the panoramic roof in our X5 and opening that thing in the spring/summer was like dropping the top on a convertible...plus my daughter loved it

Blind spots - They suck!! I ended up buying the small blind spot mirror about a week after buying the car and they have helped out a lot but I'm looking at possible installing a back camera. I think once I get the back camera this con will become a pro

Heated seats - I wish the passenger seat was heated the same as the driver seat. I would think for the money being spent on the car the passenger would get more then just a warm butt LOL!

Glove box - I just wish it was a little bigger...

Bluetooth - I wish there was a way to stream the Ipod or Iphone via bluetooth instead of using the cable connection. Sometimes I use my Iphone instead and having to either put the Iphone in the arm rest (because sometimes I forget it when I leave the car) or resting it in the cup holders.

Overall:

Basically I think the CT was a good buy. The "pros" definitely outweigh the "cons" IMO so I would recommend the car and I have recommended it. I think it's the perfect vehicle for my family (wife and 2 kids) and it helps me maintain a little bit of cooool :cool: while having 2 car seats in the back LOL! Would I buy it again...definitely.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Good Comments, I agree with most if not all your comments. I have not told my wife that the heated seats on the passenger side is not the same:rolleyes:. I am still have trouble with my blue tooth but I think it is the phone not the car.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Thanks for your review. I am so glad I got all the bells and whistle with the Crosstour when I bought it. (especially the back up camera) I can't imagine
trying to back up the CT with out this luxury?? I am surprise at your gas mileage on the freeway. I usually average on the Highway 26 or more, and city about 17??

·
Registered
622 Posts
Nice write up Dude, I would say that I concur with your thoughts completely except I've always enjoyed the better mileage.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The passenger side does not have heating coils in the back of the seat due to the airbag sensor. The driver side has coils in the bottom and the back of the seat.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Interesting about the seat heaters - I did not know! (or maybe I'd just forgotten)
I'm also really spoiled by the Bluetooth and iPod features. Does seem like a shame not to have streaming audio when you already have bluetooth. For me, though, I'd end up connecting the cable anyway since I'm always in need of a battery charge.
Good write up!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts