·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Second Tank:

15.8 Gal. @ 3.86 per Gal. Total: 61.02.

Distance traveled: 379 mi.

MPG = 23.9

I thought that I would have had better MPG because it was mostly highway, but I did leave for 2 days and my wife had some local road fun I guess. She says that she drove it twice, but my gage went from 1/2 to 1/8 during this time:rolleyes:

·
Registered
668 Posts
I have noticed that too, Just a little stop and go traffic and the milage drops pretty quick. I drive about 75% highway and I am getting about 23 MPG. I have not touched the trip b counter for about 1 year and it still reads 23.6 MPG.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Huge difference between riding around and highway/interstate stuff with the cruise control on. Just over 10,000 miles on my 2012 4WD and the lifetime mpg is 20.9... normal stuff is 18-20, best I've done was 26.9 on a North Carolina trip.

Started out in the 15s, so it does come up significantly once you get a few thousand on it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Anyone with 4-cyclinder CT that can chime in? I'm really on the fence on buying another "not so gas-sipping" car... If the 4-cylinder isn't much better, I may be better off with another sedan, even though the CT really fits the bill of what I need....

So far, this is what I'm guessing:

Mr. Grumpy - V6 2WD - 23.9 MPG
chefmark - V6 2WD - 23.6 MPG
dave230 - V6 4WD - 20.9 MPG

If I'm wrong about your model, please let me know.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Not really sold on the 4 cylinder, at least with 4WD. When I'm out on a flat highway like the Adirondack Northway or the NY Thruway the thing runs in 4 cylinder mode most of the time anyway, which is the reason I'm over 20mpg... but the power of that 6 is pretty nice to have if you want or need it from time to time. Step on it and the thing responds pretty quickly. I don't have much of a lead foot anymore, but I think I would be disappointed with the 4 cylinder in a car this heavy. Part of why it's actually fun to drive is that responsiveness.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the 4cyl... It is a smooth odd little engine. It has the torque and power most of the time and I can hit 80 on the interstate pretty easy,, but sometimes it does feel a little sluggish. No worries though, it is a great engine in this car. I test drove the 6 and the difference was small, it's no rocket ship with the 6. This and gas and cost is why I went with the 4.. Only regret would be the knowledge of 6 under the hood. I had an r series Volvo and it was quick, but I rarely used it and drove it like the old man I am. Not worth the premium to me..

BTW the 4 has the timing chain which was a huge advantage over the 6 if I decided to keep the Crosstour that long.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have the 4cyl...
Ok, so it's not V6 for Mr. Grumpy...

Mr. Grumpy - I4 2WD - 23.9 MPG
chefmark - V6 2WD - 23.6 MPG
dave230 - V6 4WD - 20.9 MPG

Anyone else?

My 03 V6 Accord gets about 20~21 MPG... so I guess I'll get 3~4 more MPG with the I4. I really want something that gets about 30 combined, or close to it. Maybe I DO need to take a very close look at the new Accord.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I get 18-20 mpg in the city, and 24 mpg on the interstate (75 mph avg).
V6 4WD - aprox 36,000 miles on her so far.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
4 cylinder smooth my ass,,,if u like 4 banger,,but for 1 mpg ,,i could care,less..dont buy crosstour on 1 mpg...you will regreat it...and buy Navi is well worth it...am not a cheap azz like mr G..I know I will have over 10 years,,and is well worth it to me....but is your choice.........if are sissy..or wife says this is ok well go for it,,,yes I traded in 8 cylinder....so am making progress but 4 cylinder has to work too hard,,,this is 3900 pound auto....will wear out way too soon...but if u will trade in in 4 years go ahead .get 4 banger
Why the hostile attitude, unless you normally talk/write like this.

I am getting on the low side of the MPG rating on a new engine. I hope it loosens up a bit, but you never know. The actual MPG is hard to calculate on a test drive, so I relied on the listed rating. I suspect that I should wait to form a definite opinion after the car ages a bit...
Yes, the wife has a car, Honda Accord, guess she wanted to drive something that does not have kid debris in it.
Not a cheap ass, well kinda. I wanted the EX-L model and opted to save a bit by going 4 cyl.. Yes it is smooth and a proven work horse. It is fine for this car. If you are looking for a tuner, neither engine or this car is worth the money or hassle. However, if you want a nice looking, neatly appointed, sporty looking, kid and bike and golf club hauling crossover that can be customized to look racier than it is then this car may be for you.

I may trade back in 3, but I am really enjoying it at the moment...

·
Registered
422 Posts
i thought i missed out on it for 2 years without knowing! pheww... although i wish i had it!

·
Registered
622 Posts
i thought i missed out on it for 2 years without knowing! pheww... although i wish i had it!
K3RM,

My '10 EX-L Navi has it ... believe it comes with the Navi .. it used to measure about 1.5 mpg too high, verified by paper and pencil method. I had a software update about a year ago and now it is quite accurate. Go figure.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Third Tank:

16.1 Gal. @ 3.69 per Gal. Total: $59.41

Distance traveled: 431 mi.

MPG = 26.8

Much better tank. This was my normal comute with a couple trips out to a far golf course. Probably 60% highway, 40% city. I tried to stay at speed limit in all zones.

One thing that I do notice is that the gas pedal is very light. I sometimes get tired of holding my foot back.

·
Registered
176 Posts
ok if you dont change..that pix I cant take anymore...well mine is 1 month old it says 10.3 mpg...ok whatever.....cause i only drive around town...Miami..so really dont care.am leaving this forum..cause no one cares,,,plus if I have to look at Mr Grumpy..one more god dam time..thats it...........
wow you are an IDIOT!

·
Registered
534 Posts
I thought you said you were leaving? Maybe I should help, since your illiteracy is like a plague, and I'd rather burn the bodies than let it spread.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just another observation - My wife has a lead foot! She used it for one night to go in town to meet friends for dinner and used over on 1/4 tank of gas... Woman!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I did two mileage checks last summer: Conditions: Highway Montreal to Petawawa, distance approx 473 kms, temp approx 70 degrees F, AC off, sunroof open, driving at 100 kph cruise control on, Terrain: basically flat with a few hills. I topped up just outside the city and immedately onto the highway. My mileage counter steady at 7.0 L/100 Kms when I finished the trip for that leg which equals to 40 mpg (imperial gallons) or 33 mpg (US gallons).

I did this twice two weekends apart and managed 7.1 L/100km on both return trips. As soon as I stabilized my speed on the highway, my trip calculator estimated 900km range (70L tank). I was impressed as the EPA rating on the window when I bought it stated 8.4L /100 km. I even went back to the Honda dealer to verify the 8.4 on the window of a 2010 model.

If you drive it conservatively it gets respectable mileage... now in the city is a different story.

Cheers
Pop

1 - 20 of 38 Posts