Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I buy my CT (September 2010), I downloaded my contact list and setup all those good stuff in HFL without any issues at all. So, since then, 9 times on 10 when I start the car, the Bluetooth logo appears beside the hours and every thing is working fine, receive and make calls with no glitch. Once in a while, when I start the car, the Bluetooth logo doesn't show up which means that HFL is not active, if I receive a call, my mobile will ring not HFL. When this happens, I tried to turn off and on my mobile without any success. So, I'm asking if someone knows how to force HFL to regain connectivity with my mobile without having to stop my car, turn it off and restart the car again. This is annoying specially if I forget to check it before I'm driving. My mobile phone is a Samsung Impact T746.

·
Registered
621 Posts
This has happened to me a couple times.

I think that I was able to fix the problem by turning off than on the bluetooth on my phone (iPhone).

·
Registered
622 Posts
My wife has had her Iphone ring rather than the car blue tooth via speakers. On the Iphone there is an option to connect bluetooth. Not sure why it happens, whenever I use the CT It always works as advertised. I'll try to be a bit more aware when her phone is in the car. Let us know if you figure it out.

·
Registered
111 Posts
It has happened to about three times since December. I have turned off the car and restarted and also turned off the bluetooth on my Blackberry and turned it back on. Both methods seems to work. I don't know why it happens.

·
Registered
621 Posts
It has happened to about three times since December. I have turned off the car and restarted and also turned off the bluetooth on my Blackberry and turned it back on. Both methods seems to work. I don't know why it happens.
It may be something as simple as radio interference in the area or your phone being masked too heavily by your body or clothing.

If the car can't pair within a specific time frame the car stops trying (to conserve energy or limit RF exposure).

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It may be something as simple as radio interference in the area or your phone being masked too heavily by your body or clothing.

If the car can't pair within a specific time frame the car stops trying (to conserve energy or limit RF exposure).
It could be something like that but I was looking to find out a simple way to pair without doing method described. So, being once in a while I could live with that.

·
Registered
123 Posts
There is a voice command to make it connect. Press the HFL button and say something like "phone setup help" to get the list of commands.
I think it's something like "phone find next" which would cycle through different phones if you have more than one paired phone in the car.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is a voice command to make it connect. Press the HFL button and say something like "phone setup help" to get the list of commands.
I think it's something like "phone find next" which would cycle through different phones if you have more than one paired phone in the car.
Hummm... Interesting. I didn't try that. Next time I get this situation, I'll give it a try and will let you know.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I experienced the issue today and as pointed out I hit HFL button and I say "Phone Setup" following by "Pair". I get a message saying "cannot find phone to pair". The system told me also to try next phone. I hit the button and I say "Next phone", I heard my voice identifying my phone and I just needed to confirm with "yes". Pairing was done immediately. Now I'm pleased with that solution. As I previously mentioned, this issue happened rarely but was boring.

Thanks FamilyGuy for the suggestion.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry to bring back this old topic but I just want to share my last finding about this that may be good for anyone.

So, four months ago I was still experiencing this issue and I finally fixed my problem. In my Samsung Impact model there were two pairing profiles, one from my previous Plantronic ear's and one for the HFL. I was using Plantronic only in my previous car. So, I deleted the Plantronic profile in my Samsung keeping only HFL profile. Since then, it works every time I start the car. BTW, I'm still more than satisfied with this car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Since I buy my CT (September 2010), I downloaded my contact list and setup all those good stuff in HFL without any issues at all. So, since then, 9 times on 10 when I start the car, the Bluetooth logo appears beside the hours and every thing is working fine, receive and make calls with no glitch. Once in a while, when I start the car, the Bluetooth logo doesn't show up which means that HFL is not active

1 - 12 of 12 Posts