Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just returned from a 2100 mile road trip from FL to OH and back. Average 30 mpg in a '12 CT EX L 6. I now have just over 8K on this car. I used regular grade fuel (87 octane). Pleased. We only saw 3 other CT's on the trip. It is good to know that this is an uncommon car with superior quality and performance. :)

·
Registered
476 Posts
Agreed on driving a car that you don't see on every corner, enjoying while I can, Honda can't keep this car a secret forever!

I just made a 24 hour turnaround drive from Los Angeles to Las Vegas this weekend to see my 4 year old Grandson! :)

It is a 260 mile one way trip, I averaged between 75-80 mph for most of the drive.

My 2013 Crosstour EX-L V6 2wd returned 28.1 mpg.

I will get just over 30mpg if I stay down around 70mph, not easy to do on I-15 as you will get run over by the flow of the other traffic.

This is somewhat less than my 2003 Accord LX I-4, which returns 35-36mpg on long trips, but not bad at all and the added horsepower made the trip that much more relaxing, no problem at all maintaining speed going over the various mountain passes along the way. Lots of changes in elevation on that road.

Biggest plus I had with my new CT on this trip, absolutely no physical discomfort driving the entire trip Non-Stop!!

Quite a accomplishment for me as I am 6'5" with a 34" inseam and size 15EW feet! I would have had some severe knee and leg pain in my 2003 Accord on the same trip! I didn't even need to take my shoes off to be comfortable. Something I have had to do for many years in order to be able to stretch my legs out on a long trip... :cool:

PS. I have just over 1,500 miles on the CT now, not even broke in yet...

·
Registered
176 Posts
I feel for you I have 15w as well

Agreed on driving a car that you don't see on every corner, enjoying while I can, Honda can't keep this car a secret forever!

I just made a 24 hour turnaround drive from Los Angeles to Las Vegas this weekend to see my 4 year old Grandson! :)

It is a 260 mile one way trip, I averaged between 75-80 mph for most of the drive.

My 2013 Crosstour EX-L V6 2wd returned 28.1 mpg.

I will get just over 30mpg if I stay down around 70mph, not easy to do on I-15 as you will get run over by the flow of the other traffic.

This is somewhat less than my 2003 Accord LX I-4, which returns 35-36mpg on long trips, but not bad at all and the added horsepower made the trip that much more relaxing, no problem at all maintaining speed going over the various mountain passes along the way. Lots of changes in elevation on that road.

Biggest plus I had with my new CT on this trip, absolutely no physical discomfort driving the entire trip Non-Stop!!

Quite a accomplishment for me as I am 6'5" with a 34" inseam and size 15EW feet! I would have had some severe knee and leg pain in my 2003 Accord on the same trip! I didn't even need to take my shoes off to be comfortable. Something I have had to do for many years in order to be able to stretch my legs out on a long trip... :cool:

PS. I have just over 1,500 miles on the CT now, not even broke in yet...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Just got back from the Indy 500. Round trip from Dallas was a little over 2,000 miles.

The Crosstour was amazingly comfortable and we even had 31 mpg on one tank. We've got the six cylinder which got us up to highway speeds with ease each time.

We have loved every one of the 16,000 miles so far, and she is now ready for her second oil change.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Oh wow those are great numbers! Are you doing anything out of the ordinary like different grade of gas or inflated tires above normal?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did nothing special. Air vs Nitrogen in the tires and appropriately inflated. 87 octane gas. Cruise control set at about 75. Just enjoyed the ride. However, when in daily driving, I don't get anywhere near that. Usually I get about 26 with a mixture of town and road driving. I drive 35 miles one way to work on a combination of Highway and town driving, and then weekends, drive almost all the time in town. I own two CT's, an 11, and a 12 and get similar mileage on both. Both are 6 cylinder engines.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
My I4 has done two round trips in the first six months that I've had it, Chicago to Atlanta and Chicago to Boston. It ran under 85 mph for the majority of both and got just under 31 mpg according to the Garmin ecoRoute HD device that I use.

Considering that I take the scenic route Alleghney, Catskills and Berkshires to Boston and Smokey Mts. (TN/NC) to Atlanta, I'm content with that consumption.

·
Registered
86 Posts
You guys have to be talking about front wheel drive cars, right?

Just did three hundred miles of almost all highway to lower NYS (ugh) and managed 26.1. From my experience with my 2012 6cyl 4WD that's pretty good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts