Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the wife on setting 1 and I am setting 2. Every time I lock then unlock to get back in the seat goes back to setting 1. Is there a way just to turn off this feature? It drives me nuts. The wife sits much closer than I do and I have to wait for the seat to slide back before I get in.
Thanks!

·
Registered
621 Posts
There is a way to disable it...

Are you both using the same key? Because if you are using the #2 key, it should move to setting 2 when you unlock. (And setting 1 for your wife assuming she's using key #1.)

If it is not doing that, then you should go to the dealer and have the problem remedied.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We do both use the same key... I havent even tried the second key yet will do that today. How do you disable it alltogether?

·
Registered
622 Posts
The keys are numbered on the back. Key 1 is setting 1 and key 2 is setting 2. Each time you unlock the car it reads the signal from the key and goes to whatever is set up. You obviously are using key #1. Give it to your wife and you use key #2. Then the CT knows which presets (1 or 2) to set up before you get in the car.

·
Registered
621 Posts
The keys are numbered on the back. Key 1 is setting 1 and key 2 is setting 2. Each time you unlock the car it reads the signal from the key and goes to whatever is set up. You obviously are using key #1. Give it to your wife and you use key #2. Then the CT knows which presets (1 or 2) to set up before you get in the car.
What he said.

It's a fantastic system. As long as you each use a separate key, when each of you unlock the car, it will put the seat exactly where you like it!

If for some crazy reason ;) you decide to disable the system all together, the instructions are in the owner's manual. (I can't remember the steps off the top of my head.)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used the second key this morning and it worked... then the doors locked at 10 or 15 mph or whatever the default is... looks like that is programmed separately for both keys as well. So I had to turn that feature off again. I am going to have to dig up the manual so I can turn this seats linked to key fobs feature off alltogether. Wouldn't it make more sense to leave these options off from the factory and have the owner set it up as they please once they take delivery?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the same problem while using my wife's key and the seat and mirrors would start adjusting to her settings as soon as I unlocked the doors. It keeps reminding me you use the second key. Dang smart key!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts