Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Met up with Rusty (Chris) today in my hometown to sell him my K&N Typhoon intake.

Great guy who drives a very nice Honda Coupe. As you may or may not know, Rusty works at a London Honda dealer and would be a good source of info as I believe he's already proved with Pedro's querry on TPMS's.

I wished we'd had more time to sit and chat but alas my Mom is recovering from surgery and he was on his way to business in TO.

Nice to have met you Chris, good luck with the intake and have fun with these guys here. They're a great bunch and quite knowledgeable too.

Colin.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hey C.,

Glad you finally sold the CAI and made a new friend in the process. How is the SHO so far?

Pedro

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey C.,

Glad you finally sold the CAI and made a new friend in the process. How is the SHO so far?

Pedro
Hi Pedro...yeah it was great to meet Chris; just wish we had more time.......maybe next visit.
SHO is a no-show (LOL) so far but I've got the VIN and my buddy who works on the line tells me it's being made this week. Should have it late next week or early following week.
They're made in Chicago on the Taurus/Explorer line and can't keep up with demand.
Seems like years since my order went in (Dec. 20) but the weather hasn't been too kind so just as well I had to wait.
Got some mods waiting for install so got some fun lined up for its arrival.
Will post up pics when she arrives if you like.
Hope all is well in the Bronx,
C.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Man the anticipation must be killing you! Please post some pics or some 1/4 mile videos j/k lol. All is well on my side, preparing to do some heavy modding on the CT lol... I'm planning on painting the gray part of the grill , leaving the chrome exposed. Also finally painting the front lip spoiler and adding a few upgrades to the sound system.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Met up with Rusty (Chris) today in my hometown to sell him my K&N Typhoon intake.

Great guy who drives a very nice Honda Coupe. As you may or may not know, Rusty works at a London Honda dealer and would be a good source of info as I believe he's already proved with Pedro's querry on TPMS's.

I wished we'd had more time to sit and chat but alas my Mom is recovering from surgery and he was on his way to business in TO.

Nice to have met you Chris, good luck with the intake and have fun with these guys here. They're a great bunch and quite knowledgeable too.

Colin.
Thanks Colin, it was nice to meet you as well ! i do like my 2010 accord coupe but my crosstour is on its way !
Thanks again for the great deal on the intake can't wait to install ! :D
I do work at the dealer so if anyone needs anything just let me know i will do anything i can to help. I am new to the site but i like chatting with everyone so far. Here is a pic of my coupe

Attachments

·
Registered
622 Posts
Thanks Colin, it was nice to meet you as well ! i do like my 2010 accord coupe but my crosstour is on its way !
Thanks again for the great deal on the intake can't wait to install ! :D
I do work at the dealer so if anyone needs anything just let me know i will do anything i can to help. I am new to the site but i like chatting with everyone so far. Here is a pic of my coupe
Rusty,

Thanks for your generous offer. Nice to have a tech guy here on the forum. Hey, I have my set answer to all problems, ' I dunno, ask Rusty'! LOL.

Colin, yes, you must be chomping at the bit, maybe they'll rig a third turbo up for you and add reinforced landing gear. Hope your Mom is recovering fast and will be well real soon, Take good care of her. Hopefully you will still grace us on this board, I think all will be happy to hear from one of the active pioneers from time to time.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
that is funny army dad (ask rusty) i will do my best !:)

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Rusty,

Thanks for your generous offer. Nice to have a tech guy here on the forum. Hey, I have my set answer to all problems, ' I dunno, ask Rusty'! LOL.

Colin, yes, you must be chomping at the bit, maybe they'll rig a third turbo up for you and add reinforced landing gear. Hope your Mom is recovering fast and will be well real soon, Take good care of her. Hopefully you will still grace us on this board, I think all will be happy to hear from one of the active pioneers from time to time.
Wow, thanks AD......"Pioneer" --- I still think of myself as a newb....lol.

Sure I'll visit, AD, In a way you guys have been my family. I don't mind losing the CT so much but don't want to lose your friendships -- I'll even post up pics of my new SHO if you like -- btw -- It was made last Friday, will be in Oakville Ontario (Kennedy Ford) by this coming Monday (21st) and delivered to me a couple days hence. That will be more than 3 months since ordering.

Yes I will miss the CT....excellent vehicle and altho I will have had it for only a year, I will miss it and will always have good things to say about it.
I've had a few Hondas and Acuras and loved every one, but the Accord sedans and CT are quite special tho. (Coupe's hot too Rusty no worries.:))

I also wish all of you good luck with your CT's (and Coupe for now Rusty:)) as I'm sure you wish me luck with my new Ford. Sounds funny: it's been years since having Fords and now we have 2 (wife's Fiesta hatch)

My Dad would be proud. He was Ford Blue.....thru and thru.......and I'm sure he is looking down with admiration. :)

AD, thanks for the kind thoughts of Mom.....She's 83 next month and still has the energy to live by herself, drive herself, and even occasionally work at a local college (Conestoga) as a patient in a medical course.
We're very lucky to still have her so to show my appreciation I check in on her pretty well daily (just happens to be lunchtime, mostly -- purely coincidental)....It's kind of a meeting place for my twin brother, Mom and me.

More soon guys and gals. Pardon my absence lately....been busy with family, and some personal things (all good) but will endeavour to check in more often.

Say a prayer or 2 for the needy people in the world. Lots of bad stuff going on lately....and they need a lot of help.:eek:

Cheers....to all and to fellow pioneers AD, Chef, K3RMTdot, Pedro and many others I've 'met' over the last year.

Hey to RyansQuick6, and Ifonline too. You've been most helpful and great resources too for us all.

You too Rusty -- all the best.

Colin.

·
Registered
622 Posts
By all means please post the new pics of the SHO. And glad to hear that you will stick around.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
By all means please post the new pics of the SHO. And glad to hear that you will stick around.
Absolutement, mes amis...:)
You won't get rid of me that easily.
Hope your weekends are going well.
C.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts